It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Fakebook
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:24 pm • # 1 

What is up with those jerks ? I finally broke down and joined yesterday . I was banned last night ! Good grief ya'll I just did a search to see if there were any I hate Biden groups on there ( just was curious what they were saying ) and didnt find any so I joined a couple of fly fishing and bicycling groups . I never made a post and was reading a post on a bike page when a big notice came up saying my page/ account had been blocked ! Wow , that was one short trip to Commie land and that ****** kid that runs it . Fk him . Oh well , I got on without them and I will again . So much for the 1st amendment .

Post subject: Re: Fakebook
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:49 pm • # 2 

My dad has 3 accounts, because he gets banned a lot. I've somehow *not* been banned, though my account says its in "warning" status. My cousin has had 2 accounts banned, one like you, without posting anything. Gotta love Big Tech and their social engineering programs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:57 pm • # 3 

I don't do Facebook or Twitter. I have seen those things destroy friends and families all because of something that was said.

Forums are all I need and I'm enjoying it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:05 pm • # 4 

I mostly joined to sell stuff I have on the Market place because these CL azz holes are killing me with stupidity . I just told one idiot to stay home , dont come over or I would punch him .

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:11 am • # 5 

I left that after the 2016 election. Way too much politics for my liking. I wore out the mute button. I'm here for the entertainment, dagnabbit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:21 pm • # 6 

Haha. Yeah, your US election pretty much dominated the news cycle AND had a major presence on facebook even up here in the Great White North. I like to think its over now, right? (except I understand things now start gearing up for the 'midterms'? WOW!)
brent.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 am • # 7 

I banned Facebook from my computer after they banned Trump, and I haven't missed it or the cr@p that goes on on it. The time is coming when you will not be able to get a job, get a home or auto loan, be allowed to join organizations because of comments posted on social media - it has in fact already come.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:50 am • # 8 

Cliff: I hear you lads are seceding from the union sometime soon. Do you reckon you'll still recognize Canadian passports? Never been to Texas yet, but I assume I could drop your name at the border and bypass the cavity search?
brent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:29 am • # 9 

Brent, mention my name at the Texas border and they'll put you on the next flight to Siberia. Canadian passports are what brought Covid-19 to the USA when someone from Romania took a plane to Afghanistan, then took a train to Pakistan, then drove a car to India, then stole a boat they then gassed up in Siberia and then floated to Vancouver Island, then took a ferry to British Columbia and crossed into the USA border on their way to China. That's how the virus reached American shores.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:37 am • # 10 

I personally have never used the “social media” platform referred to by my friend Jangles, but for reasons very different from those previously mentioned.

About 15 years ago many people in this neck of the woods were using a platform called Orkut (ever heard of that one?) which belonged to a big tech company that was trying to dominate the world by means of their search engine, the name of which even came to be used as a verb. Perhaps they have already dominated the world, but that’s another story. It appeared to me that people were using Orkut to waste an enormous amount of time, which for me is a very valuable commodity, so I gave it a big miss. Then when Fake’sBook came along it seemed to be just another variation on the same theme, then later it proved to be a fantastic means of gossip, long before fake news and conspiracy theory became buzzwords.

wheezeburnt wrote:
Cliff: I hear you lads are seceding from the union sometime soon. Do you reckon you'll still recognize Canadian passports? Never been to Texas yet, but I assume I could drop your name at the border and bypass the cavity search?
brent

Brent, don’t do it! If you drop Cliff’s name when crossing the border between Canada and Texas, you’re likely to end up in a Lone Star hoosegaw, that is after they release you from the straitjacket and padded cell but before they deport you to Hellazonia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:12 am • # 11 

I learn so much here. Nothing ultralight about the quality of info available on this forum. :lol

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:30 am • # 12 

This IS an ultralight forum!!! We don't take anything seriously except for fishing, everything else is really done in a lighthearted (or ultralight) spirit. :) :) :)

Pete, our hoosegows here in Texas are great!! We give the criminals three square meals each day. In the morning they get a square slice of bread. At noontime they get a square slice of bread and a square slice of cheese. At supper they get a square slice of bread, a square slice of cheese, and a slice of lettuce (hey, we have to give them a little variety as well as their vegetables, right??).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:13 pm • # 13 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
This IS an ultralight forum!!! We don't take anything seriously except for fishing, everything else is really done in a lighthearted (or ultralight) spirit. :) :) :)

Ah... So fishing is no laughing matter!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:08 am • # 14 

Actually Brent, I laugh at myself every time I go fishing. I think "Wow, how can anyone who casts as bad as I do actually catch fish?" Then when I catch a fish I laugh at the stupid fish because I threw a fly WAY OUTSIDE it's zone, a fly that looked nothing like anything it was used to eating, and it actually ate it. Fish are dumb!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:16 pm • # 15 

Never been into any of the social media, but back in 2015, after my wife died, I created a bogus FB account so I could access her account to print some photographs she had posted. I used a fictitious name and DOB, and was immediately deluged with bazillions of "friend" requests. Boggles the mind........

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 pm • # 16 

Freedom of speech /thought only applies if you are in line with theirs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:34 pm • # 17 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
Actually Brent, I laugh at myself every time I go fishing. I think "Wow, how can anyone who casts as bad as I do actually catch fish?" Then when I catch a fish I laugh at the stupid fish because I threw a fly WAY OUTSIDE it's zone, a fly that looked nothing like anything it was used to eating, and it actually ate it. Fish are dumb!!

Give em some credit, they're probably just trying to eat the cricket you added to the hook.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:01 pm • # 18 

lka wrote:
Cliff Hilbert wrote:

Give em some credit, they're probably just trying to eat the cricket you added to the hook.

I used to try that but crickets tend to explode on the backcast.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:16 am • # 19 

I just got a new password so I could log on , old age sucks ! Man this thread has taken off . I see Texas is a new country and Brent wants to be cavity searched !I guess because you perverts have nothing better to do ? Welcome to Hellazonia and you can help me tie flies and fix the roof but you better get here while it's still in the 60's and 70's cause you dont want to be here when it gets to Hellazonia + the **** fish are fried before you can catch them .

Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ] New Topic Add Reply