It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:02 am • # 1 

Afternoon gents/ladies/others,
I'm planning a trout fly fishing trip to the US as soon as is feasible ( hopefully this summer ) and would love to hook up with some of you chaps in CA and the West, for a little fishing / socializing / few beers, whatever.
If anyone would be interested in taking an old English bloke under their wing, or just giving advice and suggestions of places to fish, I would really appreciate it. Drinks on me naturally.
I visited the SF area a couple of Septembers ago for the Striped bass fishing and several local anglers helped me enormously, for which I am extremely grateful. Stripers caught, job done, many thanks to all those that helped in my quest, you know who you are.
Needless to say if you ever get to Great Britain I'll be there for you.
Cheers,
Chris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:30 am • # 2 

Almost forgot,
Does anyone have info / access to spring creek fishing ?
I'm happy to pay the going rate, no prob's. I gather it's sort of equivalent to our English chalkstreams so I would love to wet a line on some of these.
Cheers.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:29 pm • # 3 

If you’re interested in fishing the Driftless area of southwest Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa please check out the The Driftless Angler.
http://www.driftlessanglers.com In addition to being a fly shop they have local fishing reports and can hook you with a guide.
For guides in Minnesota you can try Dave Anderson at On The Fly Guiding or Guide Service. In Iowa you can check out Kent Kleckner. You can also check out http://www.wisflyfishing.com along with their Facebook page Wisconsin Fly Fishing. You can also check out the Iowa fly fishing and Iowa trout fishing pages on Facebook.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply