It is currently Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 46 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:39 pm • # 21 
User avatar
Full Member

Joined: 04/04/18
Posts: 203
Location: Idaho
Cliff Hilbert wrote:
softhackle wrote:
Thinking about Yellowstone this summer. It all depends on how this Covid thing goes.


This would be a great time to go to Yellowstone because there will be fewer people than normal due to Covid.


I would expect the opposite to be true, to be honest.


Top
  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 pm • # 22 
User avatar
Jr. Member

Joined: 09/26/18
Posts: 62
Location: West Central Florida
I'm heading out to Yellowstone in early September. I'll spend about a week there, then mosey up to Glacier to spend 5 days.

I'm hoping, if I can put the money together, to order either a 4 wt or a 6 wt Yellowstone Glass rod from Dusty at Livingston Rod Company. I got the 5 wt last year.

While I'm at Yellowstone I'm gonna see if I can find a brookie or two. :)


Top
  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 pm • # 23 
User avatar
Full Member

Joined: 07/20/19
Posts: 115
Location: North Central Indiana
I just got furloughed for an indefinite span of time...HEEEEEEELLLLL YEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!!

No plans, but I'm 100% certain this is going to involve a lot of fishin' and most of it local. The things folks complain about and fear in this life are (ironically) often the things I dream of and hope for.

A real worthless POS, to be sure, but I'm so unbelievably good at it.


Top
  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 pm • # 24 
User avatar
Newbie

Joined: 11/02/14
Posts: 25
Location: Davidsonville, Maryland
Just got back from S/W Wyoming and Utah near the Unitas. Missed the trip last year because of low water, and I’m afraid if you wait till the fall there won’t be any this year either.
The rivers are low and warming quickly. The reservoirs are all very low. They are closing some lakes in the mountains to fishing.
It’s serious out there.


Top
  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:55 pm • # 25 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 05/28/18
Posts: 596
Location: Tucson , Hellazonia
Well I did the trip to southern Colorado and it was blown out . The pup gave me fits and the truck camper did it's job . BUT , I'm home right now and leaving for Los Algodones , Mexico in the morning for three days to get some dental work done . I will then swing back home , pick up my 19' 5th wheel and Ranger and leave for Southern Colorado again for a while . I met a guy there while I was fishing and turns out he's a guide and a very nice person to boot . We have made plans to fish some high mountains creeks together . He liked my 1wt and said he was going to have to get one some day so I gave him one of my RDP 1wts in exchange for some fishing time as he's not licensed by the forest service for the San Juan mtsn . I posted pics on here of that trip and out of 40 plus views didnt get one response so I said fork it and deleted the whole post . Any ways this is what I have planned for the next few weeks and its all subject to change .
I may have to change my plans and go back east to the drift less altho I have never had good fishing there and the mosquitos suck , literally ! The bluegill fishing is good though .


Top
  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:51 pm • # 26 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/29/12
Posts: 1723
Location: Rusagonis, New Brunswick, Canada
Ron: Can't say I saw that post with 40 pics, and I generally check in every day. Something go wrong? Love to see 'em.

brent


Top
  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:09 pm • # 27 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 05/28/18
Posts: 596
Location: Tucson , Hellazonia
wheezeburnt wrote:
Ron: Can't say I saw that post with 40 pics, and I generally check in every day. Something go wrong? Love to see 'em.

brent


Not 40 picture 40 views . It was a nice write up and I hate to write so I was bummed nobody said anything . Maybe next time .


Top
  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 am • # 28 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/29/12
Posts: 1723
Location: Rusagonis, New Brunswick, Canada
Ah. Sorry Ron. Faulty reading comprehension. I blame the Canadian school system of the 50s and early 60s.
brent


Top
  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:22 am • # 29 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/27/10
Posts: 2145
Location: Plano, TX
wheezeburnt wrote:
Ah. Sorry Ron. Faulty reading comprehension. I blame the Canadian school system of the 50s and early 60s.
brent



Or it could just be that you're old, Brent. :eek


Top
  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:48 am • # 30 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/29/12
Posts: 1723
Location: Rusagonis, New Brunswick, Canada
Hmmmm. Cliff? Cliff Hilbert you say? Rings a bell, but I just can't place you. Are we related? Neighbours? Shared a cell?


Top
  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:59 am • # 31 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/27/10
Posts: 2145
Location: Plano, TX
I think we know each other from that night we were put in the DC jail when we protested the US Congress and the Canadian Parliament playing the Chinese National Anthem before each session.


Top
  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 pm • # 32 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/29/12
Posts: 1723
Location: Rusagonis, New Brunswick, Canada
Cliff Hilbert wrote:
I think we know each other from that night we were put in the DC jail when we protested the US Congress and the Canadian Parliament playing the Chinese National Anthem before each session.


Sounds about right. :lol :lol :lol (still self-medicating, I see).
brent


Top
  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:29 pm • # 33 
User avatar
Sr. Member

Joined: 09/09/14
Posts: 469
Location: southern Brazil
jangles wrote:
Well I did the trip to southern Colorado and it was blown out . The pup gave me fits and the truck camper did it's job . BUT , I'm home right now and leaving for Los Algodones , Mexico in the morning for three days to get some dental work done . I will then swing back home , pick up my 19' 5th wheel and Ranger and leave for Southern Colorado again for a while . I met a guy there while I was fishing and turns out he's a guide and a very nice person to boot . We have made plans to fish some high mountains creeks together . He liked my 1wt and said he was going to have to get one some day so I gave him one of my RDP 1wts in exchange for some fishing time as he's not licensed by the forest service for the San Juan mtsn . I posted pics on here of that trip and out of 40 plus views didnt get one response so I said fork it and deleted the whole post . Any ways this is what I have planned for the next few weeks and its all subject to change .
I may have to change my plans and go back east to the drift less altho I have never had good fishing there and the mosquitos suck , literally ! The bluegill fishing is good though .


Ron, you must be wandering around half lost somewhere in Colorado by now. I hope you're able to find enough cool water for some effective trout fishing. If you do make it eastward to the Drifteless area remember to try repellent with 100% DEET, something like Backwoods Off. It gets the mosquitos Off and keeps them Off. That's why they call it bug dope. Oh, BTW, if you happen to run into your pal RalphieJoeKool anywhere, give himmy regards. I hear he has recently become interested in bamboo rods.


Top
  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:38 pm • # 34 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 05/28/18
Posts: 596
Location: Tucson , Hellazonia
PampasPete wrote:
jangles wrote:
Well I did the trip to southern Colorado and it was blown out . The pup gave me fits and the truck camper did it's job . BUT , I'm home right now and leaving for Los Algodones , Mexico in the morning for three days to get some dental work done . I will then swing back home , pick up my 19' 5th wheel and Ranger and leave for Southern Colorado again for a while . I met a guy there while I was fishing and turns out he's a guide and a very nice person to boot . We have made plans to fish some high mountains creeks together . He liked my 1wt and said he was going to have to get one some day so I gave him one of my RDP 1wts in exchange for some fishing time as he's not licensed by the forest service for the San Juan mtsn . I posted pics on here of that trip and out of 40 plus views didnt get one response so I said fork it and deleted the whole post . Any ways this is what I have planned for the next few weeks and its all subject to change .
I may have to change my plans and go back east to the drift less altho I have never had good fishing there and the mosquitos suck , literally ! The bluegill fishing is good though .


Ron, you must be wandering around half lost somewhere in Colorado by now. I hope you're able to find enough cool water for some effective trout fishing. If you do make it eastward to the Drifteless area remember to try repellent with 100% DEET, something like Backwoods Off. It gets the mosquitos Off and keeps them Off. That's why they call it bug dope. Oh, BTW, if you happen to run into your pal RalphieJoeKool anywhere, give himmy regards. I hear he has recently become interested in bamboo rods.


I am still home due to some things I ordered haven't arrived yet and I would like to have before I go this time . I'm currently shooting for a July 10th lift off . Ralphie was just curious but I'm sure not enough to spend that kind of $$$$ . I told him you asked ! lol Have a good week .


Top
  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:58 pm • # 35 
User avatar
Full Member

Joined: 07/20/18
Posts: 172
Decided to add a long weekend visit to RMNP to my September docket. Not sure how much will be fishing versus sightseeing, but looking forward to it nonetheless. Almost leaned Yellowstone instead as Southwest now flies into Bozeman, but decided that warranted more than a four day jaunt. Maybe next year.

Chris


Top
  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:18 am • # 36 
User avatar
Sr. Member

Joined: 10/11/15
Posts: 414
My wife and I are headed to Destin,Fl very soon.....gonna walk the beach fly rod in hand and take a ul spinning rig as well. Any suggestions are welcome on tackle,fly patterns,etc.


Top
  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:19 am • # 37 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 12/27/10
Posts: 2145
Location: Plano, TX
Going to Ouray, CO and renting a jeep to go up and over the mountains on the trails that the miners cut out of the mountains over 100 years ago. Then on to Arches National Park in Utah. Then on to Rocky Mountain National Park.


Top
  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:55 am • # 38 
User avatar
Hero Member

Joined: 06/13/16
Posts: 870
Location: Southwest Florida
joe the plumber wrote:
My wife and I are headed to Destin,Fl very soon.....gonna walk the beach fly rod in hand and take a ul spinning rig as well. Any suggestions are welcome on tackle,fly patterns,etc.


I've never fished Destin, but I'm pretty sure Clousers will work well. Schminnows are a simple, effective fly. Redfish toads, Redfish crack,
EP style bait fish patterns. Deceivers. Seducers.

For the gulf beaches down here, I use a 5, 6, ir 8 weight. Mainly use a floating line, but switch to a sink tip when the surf is up. It prevents the waves from pulling the fly. Leader wise, I tie a 9 or 10 ft leader and loop on a 1.5 ft bite tippet of 20 lb. flouro.


Top
  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:38 am • # 39 
User avatar
Sr. Member

Joined: 10/11/15
Posts: 414
strummer wrote:
joe the plumber wrote:
My wife and I are headed to Destin,Fl very soon.....gonna walk the beach fly rod in hand and take a ul spinning rig as well. Any suggestions are welcome on tackle,fly patterns,etc.


I've never fished Destin, but I'm pretty sure Clousers will work well. Schminnows are a simple, effective fly. Redfish toads, Redfish crack,
EP style bait fish patterns. Deceivers. Seducers.

For the gulf beaches down here, I use a 5, 6, ir 8 weight. Mainly use a floating line, but switch to a sink tip when the surf is up. It prevents the waves from pulling the fly. Leader wise, I tie a 9 or 10 ft leader and loop on a 1.5 ft bite tippet of 20 lb. flouro.



Thanks...guess I gotta get some flouro tippet.


Top
  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm • # 40 
User avatar
Sr. Member

Joined: 02/07/14
Posts: 317
Location: New Caney, Texas
If I can ever get a house for less that $50K more than it's worth, I plan to retire this year and move to South Texas. Gonna fish the Lower Laguna Madre every day until I can't ..............


Top
  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 46 posts ] New Topic Add Reply

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

- OurBoard Support -