It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 46 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:39 pm • # 21 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
softhackle wrote:
Thinking about Yellowstone this summer. It all depends on how this Covid thing goes.

This would be a great time to go to Yellowstone because there will be fewer people than normal due to Covid.

I would expect the opposite to be true, to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 pm • # 22 

I'm heading out to Yellowstone in early September. I'll spend about a week there, then mosey up to Glacier to spend 5 days.

I'm hoping, if I can put the money together, to order either a 4 wt or a 6 wt Yellowstone Glass rod from Dusty at Livingston Rod Company. I got the 5 wt last year.

While I'm at Yellowstone I'm gonna see if I can find a brookie or two. :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 pm • # 23 

I just got furloughed for an indefinite span of time...HEEEEEEELLLLL YEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!!

No plans, but I'm 100% certain this is going to involve a lot of fishin' and most of it local. The things folks complain about and fear in this life are (ironically) often the things I dream of and hope for.

A real worthless POS, to be sure, but I'm so unbelievably good at it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:48 pm • # 24 

Just got back from S/W Wyoming and Utah near the Unitas. Missed the trip last year because of low water, and I’m afraid if you wait till the fall there won’t be any this year either.
The rivers are low and warming quickly. The reservoirs are all very low. They are closing some lakes in the mountains to fishing.
It’s serious out there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:55 pm • # 25 

Well I did the trip to southern Colorado and it was blown out . The pup gave me fits and the truck camper did it's job . BUT , I'm home right now and leaving for Los Algodones , Mexico in the morning for three days to get some dental work done . I will then swing back home , pick up my 19' 5th wheel and Ranger and leave for Southern Colorado again for a while . I met a guy there while I was fishing and turns out he's a guide and a very nice person to boot . We have made plans to fish some high mountains creeks together . He liked my 1wt and said he was going to have to get one some day so I gave him one of my RDP 1wts in exchange for some fishing time as he's not licensed by the forest service for the San Juan mtsn . I posted pics on here of that trip and out of 40 plus views didnt get one response so I said fork it and deleted the whole post . Any ways this is what I have planned for the next few weeks and its all subject to change .
I may have to change my plans and go back east to the drift less altho I have never had good fishing there and the mosquitos suck , literally ! The bluegill fishing is good though .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:51 pm • # 26 

Ron: Can't say I saw that post with 40 pics, and I generally check in every day. Something go wrong? Love to see 'em.

brent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:09 pm • # 27 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Ron: Can't say I saw that post with 40 pics, and I generally check in every day. Something go wrong? Love to see 'em.

brent

Not 40 picture 40 views . It was a nice write up and I hate to write so I was bummed nobody said anything . Maybe next time .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:29 am • # 28 

Ah. Sorry Ron. Faulty reading comprehension. I blame the Canadian school system of the 50s and early 60s.
brent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:22 am • # 29 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Ah. Sorry Ron. Faulty reading comprehension. I blame the Canadian school system of the 50s and early 60s.
brent

Or it could just be that you're old, Brent. :eek

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:48 am • # 30 

Hmmmm. Cliff? Cliff Hilbert you say? Rings a bell, but I just can't place you. Are we related? Neighbours? Shared a cell?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:59 am • # 31 

I think we know each other from that night we were put in the DC jail when we protested the US Congress and the Canadian Parliament playing the Chinese National Anthem before each session.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 pm • # 32 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
I think we know each other from that night we were put in the DC jail when we protested the US Congress and the Canadian Parliament playing the Chinese National Anthem before each session.

Sounds about right. :lol :lol :lol (still self-medicating, I see).
brent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:29 pm • # 33 

jangles wrote:
Well I did the trip to southern Colorado and it was blown out . The pup gave me fits and the truck camper did it's job . BUT , I'm home right now and leaving for Los Algodones , Mexico in the morning for three days to get some dental work done . I will then swing back home , pick up my 19' 5th wheel and Ranger and leave for Southern Colorado again for a while . I met a guy there while I was fishing and turns out he's a guide and a very nice person to boot . We have made plans to fish some high mountains creeks together . He liked my 1wt and said he was going to have to get one some day so I gave him one of my RDP 1wts in exchange for some fishing time as he's not licensed by the forest service for the San Juan mtsn . I posted pics on here of that trip and out of 40 plus views didnt get one response so I said fork it and deleted the whole post . Any ways this is what I have planned for the next few weeks and its all subject to change .
I may have to change my plans and go back east to the drift less altho I have never had good fishing there and the mosquitos suck , literally ! The bluegill fishing is good though .

Ron, you must be wandering around half lost somewhere in Colorado by now. I hope you're able to find enough cool water for some effective trout fishing. If you do make it eastward to the Drifteless area remember to try repellent with 100% DEET, something like Backwoods Off. It gets the mosquitos Off and keeps them Off. That's why they call it bug dope. Oh, BTW, if you happen to run into your pal RalphieJoeKool anywhere, give himmy regards. I hear he has recently become interested in bamboo rods.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:38 pm • # 34 

PampasPete wrote:
jangles wrote:

Ron, you must be wandering around half lost somewhere in Colorado by now. I hope you're able to find enough cool water for some effective trout fishing. If you do make it eastward to the Drifteless area remember to try repellent with 100% DEET, something like Backwoods Off. It gets the mosquitos Off and keeps them Off. That's why they call it bug dope. Oh, BTW, if you happen to run into your pal RalphieJoeKool anywhere, give himmy regards. I hear he has recently become interested in bamboo rods.

I am still home due to some things I ordered haven't arrived yet and I would like to have before I go this time . I'm currently shooting for a July 10th lift off . Ralphie was just curious but I'm sure not enough to spend that kind of $$$$ . I told him you asked ! lol Have a good week .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:58 pm • # 35 

Decided to add a long weekend visit to RMNP to my September docket. Not sure how much will be fishing versus sightseeing, but looking forward to it nonetheless. Almost leaned Yellowstone instead as Southwest now flies into Bozeman, but decided that warranted more than a four day jaunt. Maybe next year.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:18 am • # 36 

My wife and I are headed to Destin,Fl very soon.....gonna walk the beach fly rod in hand and take a ul spinning rig as well. Any suggestions are welcome on tackle,fly patterns,etc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:19 am • # 37 

Going to Ouray, CO and renting a jeep to go up and over the mountains on the trails that the miners cut out of the mountains over 100 years ago. Then on to Arches National Park in Utah. Then on to Rocky Mountain National Park.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:55 am • # 38 

joe the plumber wrote:
My wife and I are headed to Destin,Fl very soon.....gonna walk the beach fly rod in hand and take a ul spinning rig as well. Any suggestions are welcome on tackle,fly patterns,etc.

I've never fished Destin, but I'm pretty sure Clousers will work well. Schminnows are a simple, effective fly. Redfish toads, Redfish crack,
EP style bait fish patterns. Deceivers. Seducers.

For the gulf beaches down here, I use a 5, 6, ir 8 weight. Mainly use a floating line, but switch to a sink tip when the surf is up. It prevents the waves from pulling the fly. Leader wise, I tie a 9 or 10 ft leader and loop on a 1.5 ft bite tippet of 20 lb. flouro.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:38 am • # 39 

strummer wrote:
joe the plumber wrote:

I've never fished Destin, but I'm pretty sure Clousers will work well. Schminnows are a simple, effective fly. Redfish toads, Redfish crack,
EP style bait fish patterns. Deceivers. Seducers.

For the gulf beaches down here, I use a 5, 6, ir 8 weight. Mainly use a floating line, but switch to a sink tip when the surf is up. It prevents the waves from pulling the fly. Leader wise, I tie a 9 or 10 ft leader and loop on a 1.5 ft bite tippet of 20 lb. flouro.

Thanks...guess I gotta get some flouro tippet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:09 pm • # 40 

If I can ever get a house for less that $50K more than it's worth, I plan to retire this year and move to South Texas. Gonna fish the Lower Laguna Madre every day until I can't ..............

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next   Page 2 of 3   [ 46 posts ] New Topic Add Reply