All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 pm • # 1 

https://www.outdoorlife.com/fishing/new ... cord-fish/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2022 6:32 am • # 2 

Here's another good article.
https://www.flyfisherman.com/editorial/ ... ear/458373

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:15 pm • # 3 

That's pretty amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Now I need to find the motivation to fill in a few of the state fly rod records locally. My goal is one of black crappie, bowfin, chain pickerel or spotted bass before the year is out. The current fly rod record for each is roughly half (or less) the state all-tackle record for each. Plenty of room for improvement. Redfin Pickerel is also on the list, but that's simply to fill in a vacant category in the record list.

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:55 am • # 4 

"Redfin Pickerel is also on the list, but that's simply to fill in a vacant category in the record list."

Chris, someone has to set the standard, so why not you? Besides, it's fun to say that you have a state record. I've had I think about 24 of them over the last 20 years. Then someone else beats my records and gets to enjoy the fact that they have a state record.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:25 pm • # 5 

Cool fish,hope they released them. Takes mucho luck to snag the likes of those. Guess I never thought of fly fishing as a competitive sport.Not like pro bass!LOL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:21 pm • # 6 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
"Redfin Pickerel is also on the list, but that's simply to fill in a vacant category in the record list."

Chris, someone has to set the standard, so why not you? Besides, it's fun to say that you have a state record. I've had I think about 24 of them over the last 20 years. Then someone else beats my records and gets to enjoy the fact that they have a state record.

Absolutely! As soon as the redfin become active, I plan on finding one large enough to submit. I did have one ~8.5" last fall that would have worked, but failed to bring a cooler on that day.

Chris

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply