It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next   Page 28 of 29   [ 567 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 pm • # 541 
Administrator

Sully
Welcome
Les

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:53 am • # 542 

Sully, PM sent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:33 pm • # 543 

Hello everyone! I am from Central VA (Chesterfield) and looking to get a 0 or 1 wt rod to fish small creeks and ponds. I'm having a hard time finding one. So far I have one 4wt, four 5 wt, a 7 and one 8wt. I can't wait to try the ultralight's out!

Thanks for having me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:55 pm • # 544 

Welcome

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:04 pm • # 545 

Welcome! I fished the Rappahanock River, Virginia, with a 7ft 3wt, 3 sundays a month for two years. Great place to catch sunfish and smallmouth and I really enjoyed the fishing there with that rod. Hope to see some posts with pictures of the areas you fish.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:59 pm • # 546 

Welcome Johnny, 6lb fish in under 2 min. with a 2 wt...that's impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:49 pm • # 547 

Just joined, my name is Dan. I am in Utah and have been having a blast fishing a little Cabelas CGR 3wt lately. I also just picked up a 4wt Cabelas Prime rod (cost me $64) and am excited to start using it. I frequently fish American Fork canyon and the little 3wt CGR is perfect for it. I hope to learn a lot from you all and hopefully I can add something myself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:28 pm • # 548 
Administrator

welcome Dan!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:04 pm • # 549 

Jason here,,,,

From Williamston, South Carolina. Like to fish small streams for trout, bream, hornyheads,,, whatever is willing to take a fly. I also love battling plate size pond bream and bass on light fly equipment. Not a real sophisticated fly fisherman who knows the finer points, but have been swinging a fly rod since my Dad introduced it to me in the early 80's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:08 pm • # 550 
Administrator

welcome Jason
you're in good company- we all love those oversized bream

Les

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:34 pm • # 551 

Just joined. Hoping to get into UL FF soon!
-Kurt in Texas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:42 pm • # 552 

Kurt,
Welcome, tell us a little about yourself. What part of Texas are you from, where you will be fishing, what you plan to target, etc... you said you plan to get into ULFF soon, so that means no rod yet? What are you looking at getting?There is a wide range of knowledge on the forum sure someone could help narrow down the search. From the $30-$1000+

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 pm • # 553 

Thanks mbarker!

I live in Cypress, TX. There's a small neighborhood bayou that opens up to a deep spot shortly after a bit of a waterfall. It's a perfect mix of a honey hole. Bass, catfish, blue gill, crappie, and cichlid all live in the same spot. Not to mention cotton mouths.
I currently have a 4/5wt TFO, but its overkill for the size of the fish here.
I am paying for school currently, but once income is a bit more free, I would love a 2wt or something. I've fiddled with one at the Orvis Woodlands store and was amazed at how light it was.
Is there really a $30 UL Fly rod?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:58 pm • # 554 

Sure is, eagleclaw featherlite 3/4wt, its fiberglass and some people love them. I just don't have the fiberglass addiction like some others. Cabelas is have a pretty good close out on the Cgr rods for $49, and there three forks goes on sell often for $39. And if you look on eBay and do a search for 1 2 or 3wt fly rods a mess shows up. Haven't bought a actual fly rod from them, just a tenkara rod from maxcatch in china. Surprisingly good quality for the cost.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:29 pm • # 555 

I'll likely try a tenkara rod too, as my 4 year old could probably get the hang of it and pull more fish than me!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:15 pm • # 556 
Administrator

KurtActual,
welcome! Next time I got back doen to Houston for family and friends I need to meet up with a few of y'all.

Les

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:24 am • # 557 

I just joined two days ago and the more I look the forum over the more I like what I see. I don't have many friends or know too many people who fish with UL gear, because in CO. 5wts are the common weight of rods being very versatile. I do understand that concept, but I also find that the lighter weights are just way more fun and exciting, especially the softer the rod, but that's just my opinion.

It sure feels good to be in such company with all of you. I hope to hear many adventures plus different styles and techniques. I will also be glad to share what little knowledge I have picked up in the last 45 years or so. But don't expect much, I'm pretty much set in my ways, lol.

I hope to make many friends here whether close or long distance. I'm glad I found this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:03 pm • # 558 

I hear you n the 5wt being the standard rod up n Colorado. When I was stationed there 95% days f my fishing was done with my TFO BVK 3wt in both the 8' and 10' conversion lengths. 3% with a RDP 1 and 2wts, and the other 2% was with a 5 wt. if I wasn't on a small creek, I was looked at like I was crazy. Managed a lot of large fish over the years with a 0% mortality rate, so I must have been doing something right, lol. It was a blast. 11 mile canyon and both upper and lower Beaver Creek were my favorite places to fish. Many pictures sets on here on those waters. Welcome to the forum!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 pm • # 559 

mbarker68x, thanks for the welcome. I live just a few miles from Boulder, and the creeks are plenty around here. The Indian Peaks Wilderness Area is an area that was made by the good Lord for 3wts. You also have the three Saint Vrain Creeks that are just incredible. Boulder Creek is very popular and holds some very nice browns.

And lets not forget the Rocky Mountain Nat. Park. All I can say is, mercy!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:54 pm • # 560 

I spent my time in the Colorado Springs area, while stationed at FT Carson. I always meant to venture up that way, but fishing in the pikes peak area kept plenty busy with lots of luck. The farthest trip that I made was to Gunisen while my buddy from Texas came up to go fishing and camping there. We fished the creeks around his camp. Believe it was Spring Creek, had my daughter with me. Was a great time.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next   Page 28 of 29   [ 567 posts ] New Topic Add Reply