It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next   Page 27 of 29   [ 568 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:18 pm • # 521 

Hello everyone, my name is Luke and I come from Poland. I love UL fly fishing and i find this site awesome. Greetings from Poland.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:15 pm • # 522 
Administrator

Welcome luke!

Lots of Europeans are here on this site, and we're glad to have you aboard.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:32 pm • # 523 
Administrator

Welcome!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:51 pm • # 524 

Hello Luke, and welcome aboard from a fellow newcomer here.

Very cool to have a global membership. Will be watching for your posts :)

Brian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:13 pm • # 525 

Let me start by saying hello. I live in a small town just a little ways from Ft Worth. My wife and I fish primarily for crappie, sandbass, bluegill, pretty much anything that will bite. We have been long time minnow fishers, but last year we joined a fly tying group over in ft worth and became interested in fly fishing. We currently don't have a set up yet. We've been given a lot of information, but to be honest, are still sort of confused on what we need or more importantly what set up would be best for us. We are getting older and have no desire to wade out in the water to fish. we are not opposed to a kayak, but don't want to be flipped upside down either. haha. So, we continue to fish from bank or dock. I've tied lots of flies and jigs and we have fished a few of them with our zebco 33's. Ok, you have my permission to laugh now. I hope to get to know some of you. I started reading your forum a couple of days ago and I like what I see here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 pm • # 526 
Administrator

HmooseK,
welcome! Sounds like you tie at backwoods or at Bass Pro?

Les

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:41 pm • # 527 

keebranch wrote:
HmooseK,
welcome! Sounds like you tie at backwoods or at Bass Pro?

Les

Yes, we tie at Backwoods. We have met some real nice folks. we haven't been since before Christmas and need to get back to going regularly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:21 pm • # 528 

Welcome HmooseK. Nothing to laugh at about a Zebco 33. Welcome to the world of fly fishing, especially UL style. Next time at the Backwoods, upstairs on the fly fishing bulletin board used to be, hopefully still, a photograph of an incredible bluegill caught on a farm pond (near Waco I believe) A real brute. Nice store, nice folks there. (and Chuy's just a few blocks away) I can recommend a 3 wt rod on the Brazos, anywhere between PK and Whitney, during the spring white bass run. (won't be long after this next snow/ice melt) Too much fun. There are many in the Metroplex on this forum that are very knowledgeable regarding places to fish in the area.

paul
Bull Shoals Lake, AR

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:28 pm • # 529 

Thanks for the welcome Les and Paul. If you put you 2 together, you'd have a pretty good guitar. I hope you get my sense of humor, I' tend to be quite the jokester

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:19 pm • # 530 

Hey all, I just joined up and looking forward to banter and knowledge in the UL world. My current setup is a TFO 5wt with Sage 3850cf reel and am really enjoying it but don't have an UL as of yet. I will do some research and ask opinions on what the best set would be for me so see ya around,Cody

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:22 pm • # 531 
Administrator

Cody,
When you I get together this spring- I'll have plenty of UL toys for you to try out. As for fishing these toys- give Cliff a kicktube and He'll fish circles around both of us. ;)

Les

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:01 am • # 532 

Hello to all,
I ran across the forum a few months ago while I was looking around the net for info on small light reels. I'm not a dedicated UL guy per se, but I'm smack dab in the middle of some fine high mountain brook trout fishing here in the Shenandoah Valley of Va. So,I love those little streams and I'm a little single minded in my pursuit, but wide open to learning what other folks have found to works in theirs. I've found that folks paying their hard earned cash and using the gear tend to be more accurate in their appraisals than the people trying to get me to buy it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:14 am • # 533 
Administrator

Welcome Farkill,
You'll find answers here which vary from person to person, but everyone here has found success in their quest. Used Light reels pricing depends upon brand, but keep your eyes on the classifieds or put a request out in the wanted section.

Les

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:34 am • # 534 

Welcome from the Chicago area.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:26 pm • # 535 

Hello members of ul-flyfishing!
My Name is Joerg and I'm from germany.
I'm infected by the UL virus since a few month ago.

This site is very interesting and useful for a beginner :-)
I hope I can give you some advice in near future too!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:49 pm • # 536 
Administrator

welcome!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:23 pm • # 537 

Welcome, you will find plenty here.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:03 pm • # 538 

Howdy, I like to Spey cast on light rods . Just here to lurk ,learn and have peaceful exchange.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:37 pm • # 539 

Sully, welcome, where do you live. I want to learn the Skagit/Spey casting too.A you far from Richardson/Dallas?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:48 pm • # 540 

linecaster
I live in Denton and fish Ray Roberts dam a lot. I was having trouble getting the fly out to the fish with regular casting styles not to mention the tangels from back casts hitting the rocks behind me. Spey lets me get that heavy flys needed out there into the fast water but still lets me fish the light rods I love. I am just a novice with the cast but have really come to enjoy it . I dont think I will ever go back to a single hand rod.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next   Page 27 of 29   [ 568 posts ] New Topic Add Reply