It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 34 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:48 pm • # 21 

HAHA. Those Louisiana boys have all the fun this time of year. I would kill for a day or two of good bluegill fishing right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:57 pm • # 22 
Administrator

Welcome Jimmy, I love the way those Rio's look. I'm gonna have to make a trip south for those one of these days. And Uncle Larry is right, you have to split your time between this forum and Warm Fly.

Jeremy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:02 pm • # 23 

Quote:
Jimmy and I are buds. As a matter of fact I'm the new President of the New Orleans Fly Fishers and Jimmy is my V.P.

jkurtz7 wrote:

Welcome Jimmy, I love the way those Rio's look. I'm gonna have to make a trip south for those one of these days. And Uncle Larry is right, you have to split your time between this forum and Warm Fly.

Jeremy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:32 pm • # 24 

Thanks guys. Don't worry Uncle Larry you know I'll be causing as much trouble as possible over at Warm Fly. Man, I cannot wait until tomorrow, last day of school before Thanksgiving break. I just hope no students are in the way when the last bell rings I may just run them over trying to get to my truck. Jeremy, if you make your way down here give Uncle Larry and I a shout we'll be glad to give you the tour.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:39 pm • # 25 

You may be giving a two man tour...maybe three...haha...that would be so much fun to catch some Rios!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:45 pm • # 26 

So far the best fish , I've caught on an UL fly rod was this LM. I was actually fishing for bream on an area lake but it was a welcome surprise! The rod is a St. Croix legend ultra 9ft 3wt 2 piece. They don't make this rod anymore either.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:04 pm • # 27 

[b wrote:
flyflingerandy1[/b]]You may be giving a two man tour...maybe three...haha...that would be so much fun to catch some Rios!

Come on down. The more the merrier.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:29 pm • # 28 
Administrator

Jimmy and Uncle Larry, If I ever make it down your way, I'll let you know.

Smallieman, That's a nice largemouth. Who says you need an 8wt anyway?

J.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:07 pm • # 29 

jmayeux wrote:
[b wrote:
flyflingerandy1[/b]]You may be giving a two man tour...maybe three...haha...that would be so much fun to catch some Rios!

Come on down. The more the merrier.

Yeah, The ol' tuber may even jump aboard...almost certainly if Jeremy goes. My only issue is my baby Maggie's wedding in '09!
Mikey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 pm • # 30 

When is her wedding Mike? We expect another baby in May, so, if we can figure something out, timing is everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:49 pm • # 31 

Andy,
She's getting married 7/25/09.
There's the problem for this coming year as I see it...TIMING! Between the baby & wedding, it will be hard to plan. Sounds like you'll be needed at home in April & May, & final wedding prep will bge in full swing come June, although I could probably steal a few days. Keep in touch. Fishing gets good in April, although weather is screwy. May is good, but I stay off the ponds for the first 2 weeks in May as I will not even CHANCE taking bass off the beds. Best is late May through June, although I get big gills throughout the Spring, Summer, & Fall. Watch the full moon phases.
Mikey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:54 pm • # 32 

Hmm...might take your advice and use it here at home as well ;) I have a lake two miles from home that was drained to fix the dam, refilled and restocked with gills, redear, bass, crappie, channel cat, and soon to be saugeye. They showed several 6" gills in ONE year in sampling...and redear a little behind them...spawn on this lake should be fun from the tube.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm • # 33 
Administrator

TNSmallieman wrote:
So far the best fish , I've caught on an UL fly rod was this LM. I was actually fishing for bream on an area lake but it was a welcome surprise! The rod is a St. Croix legend ultra 9ft 3wt 2 piece. They don't make this rod anymore either.
Nice fish on a nice rod!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:00 pm • # 34 

Speaking of St. Croix fly rods...check out the Avid 2wt, if you are interested. It is a 4pc 7'6" rod that is light as a feather!

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 34 posts ] New Topic Add Reply