It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:47 am • # 1 

I've always enjoyed reading Bill Byrds articles in Fly Fish America magazine. He has a great website also. Check it out.
http://www.byrdultrafly.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:55 am • # 2 
Administrator

Gary, I've read and reread Bill's site. Definitely a great site.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:05 am • # 3 

Bill has a lot of great information, and he relates to the person who uses the party line often.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:51 am • # 4 

That's where I got the idea to try ultralite. I printed out his entire site, punched it and put it into a 3-ring binder (which I'm going to do with some of the items here) and it sits next to the Barcalounge!

I've eMailed with Bill and spoken to him on the phone over the years; what a gentleman! I bought his 'gilbuster and foam water spider and learned to tie them. They're still two of my favorites, plus other patterns.

Can't find it in the piles right now but, Dave Whitlock has a complete treatise on bluegill fishing in a fairly recent issue of Fly Fisherman magazine. His weapon of choice, an 8' 2wt.

Jim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:33 am • # 5 

I have it if you would like the article. I can make a copy of the article for you Jim. Send me your mailing address and I will make a copy of that article from Whitlock for you. I have read it seventeen times or something ridiculous like that. It is incredible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:59 am • # 6 

Andy,

Sorry, my statement should have read, "can't find it in the pile of magazines right now, but"..... After I got off the computer, I dug through and found it, it's the July 2008 issue. And, I read it again for about the tenth time; I'm running a little behind you on that one.

Thanks, Jim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:38 am • # 7 

That article is like a panfisherman's bible! You can make copies of that article, and laminate them for safe keeping, because my copy is getting ratty!

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply