It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:53 pm • # 1 

Just wondering if anyone has gotten their hands on the 0wt dart yet and what their thoughts were.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:55 pm • # 2 

I'm also interested in anyone's experience with the O, 1 or 2 wt Dart rods, seriously considering one of these soon.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:49 pm • # 3 

I know is an old thread but, I have a couple Sage Dart 0wt blanks to build.

I plan to use one for myself. The other one will be up for grabs as a blank or custom.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:00 pm • # 4 

I played with one about a year ago. Fun little rod, it felt a bit beefy compared to an SPL. But definitely a very lively and nimble thing.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:49 pm • # 5 

toothybugs wrote:
I played with one about a year ago. Fun little rod, it felt a bit beefy compared to an SPL. But definitely a very lively and nimble thing.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you try a factory built one or a custom?

I am planning on single foot guides for mine, snakes seem to be over kill.

Also plan on the lightest reel and grip to keep it light.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:44 am • # 6 

Factory.

I would put tiny singles on it if I were doing the build myself, silk for low profile/ bulk, and an extra slim cigar grip in front of a lightweight downlocking seat. I would really like to own one if I had the opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:32 pm • # 7 

I have the factory built zero and love this little rod. I put a Rio zero weight creek line on it and it really shines. This rod is very fast for a small rod and can easily cast some decent flies as well as distance for smaller bodies of water. It is a ton of fun to fish...I don't know what else to say lol. It definitely has its place on calm days, but does have a seat on the struggle bus when the wind picks up, but its kind of expected. It is my goto rod for fun days when it comes to trout, panfish and even bass. Unless you are chasing redfish, the rod can handle what you reasonably throw at it if you beef up your tippet to the correct size for larger fish. As I age, my tippet size is determined by what I can tie on to see. If you set your fun standard to the fly size and know that you wont be throwing tungsten headed bass flies, it s a great rod if you have the money to spare.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply