It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:42 pm • # 1 

I ordered several of these and Les asked that I post pictures. I ordered a 1/2 wt, 2/3 wt and a 3/4 wt for $20 each. The 2/3 wt is on back order.

The 1/2 wt weighs 2.2 oz and has a limited line capacity. I loaded it with 40 ft of 50lb Dacron Braid which weighs about 80 grains/30 ft.; normal 2 wt line won't fit on the reel.
The 3/4 wt weighs 3.3 oz and I loaded it with 33ft of wf 2 wt line and attached another 40ft of the 50lb braid for longer casts and back up.

Both reels balanced a 6ft 2 wt (TFO 2 Piece) rod with the 1/2 a better balance but the 3/4 acceptable.

The reels do not have quick releases for the arbors; the arbors screw off. There are only 3 pieces as shown in the below pictures, the frame, arbor and nut that holds the arbor.
The pictures of the reels disassembled are all of the 3/4.
ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:56 pm • # 2 

Sure can't beat the price, that's a certainty!

Decently smooth for general line pick-up? Not like we really put much stress on the reels anyway at this level of tackle, none of my reels actually have drag adjustment capability save for the Galvan which is more of an anti-overrun tensioner.

The screw-on arbor nut might be a pretty good idea versus the more gadgety release mechanisms. Both the Galvan Brookie and BVK can spin themselves off at high revolution rates. Not a problem in typical stream use, just pointing out that sometimes simpler is indeed better.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:38 pm • # 3 

Yes, decently smooth for general line pickup. I've used the 3/4 for a couple of hours and didn't note any issues using 2 wt line.
I need to evaluate the reel when using 15 lb Amnesia running line. That thin mono will find cracks and crevices so that could be problematic application for the reel. But I am happy with the reel for what I needed it for: a reel that balances the TFO 6ft 2 wt rod and the 3/4 works for that.
I returned the 1/2 wt reel because of the lack of line capacity.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply