It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Scott g 7' 6" 2wt coming
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:57 pm • # 1 

I have a 2wt Scott G on its way to me and was finding very little information about this rod. Was going to go out and pick up a 2wt line but figured I might try it with my 3wt sa xps dt first.

Anyone have any experience with this rod? Line recommendations? Mostly fish SA double tapers on my lighter rods currently.
Have a Danielsson nymph w currently but will probably order a midge if the nymph makes the rod too but heavy.

Thanks,
Russell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:44 pm • # 2 

Received the rod in excellent shape and had a chance to take it out on the near by silver fork of the American. The river is full of small rainbows and few browns and I landed 8 and missed over 20. Most are too small for the dry fly I was using.
Fished it with a danielsson nymph wide and a 3wt xps. the rod cast and fished very nicely. The reel was a little heavy and I gripped the rod very low over the reel seat for the best feel. I think this will make a very nice rod for this type of fishing.
Did order a 2wt H&H line which are on sale for $20 and a danielsson midge reel. Maybe get some pics next time.

Russell

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply