It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:21 pm • # 1 

Has anyone tried them? They come as 1-4 weight and obviously very short for travel. Not much about the specs but the site says im10 blank.

€ 44,91 40%OFF | Carbon Faser Fly Angelrute 6 Stück Fast Action Weichen Kork Griff Fly Stange mit Einstellbare Schulter Gurt Angelruten
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BUi17t

Thinking about getting one as I travel a lot for the job and might occasionally get in an hour of fishing here and there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 pm • # 2 

While Maxcatch gear is certainly not top of the line, it is definitely serviceable and should satisfy your requirements for a travel rod. Whichever line weight rod you get, I would recommend using a line one weight heavier than recommended with one of these rods.

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:41 pm • # 3 

I carry a Max Catch Ultra Lite 6'6" #2 4 section rod in my over night bag. The protective travel tube is about 22 inches long with a diameter of 2 inches (57cm x 5 cm). The small reel is carried separate in a padded bag. This rod has been a joy to use on such species as Rio Grande perch, green sunfish and others in the spectrum of 3 to 6 inches long. The no-name line on the reel works fine as long as it is kept treated with a coating of Otter Butter. Not trying to sound like a silly commercial for these products, but having a chance to escape my cage at the away from home terminal and go fishing with this nothing fancy, but pretty little rod / reel outfit has been a sincere treat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 pm • # 4 

I disagree Larry , you're just a rod snob ! lol
The Maxcatch rods have been nothing but impressive and if you have a problem they take care of it (if you buy it on egay) , dont buy off their web site . I have broken a couple of reels and a rod tip . All three times they replaced them free of charge .

Edit : I did have to pay fifteen
`dollars for a middle section once because I was horsing in a fish way past most 2wt limits .

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:12 am • # 5 

I'm not really a snob Ron, just a man of discerning tastes, although I really don't care for DiJon mustard. ;)

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:13 am • # 6 

What about the Grey Poupon?

Do you pass the Grey Poupon?

lol

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply