It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:48 pm • # 1 

I've not been on in a while but happy forum still active. Hope everybody is doing well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:03 pm • # 2 

Do continue to visit and participate more in the future, it's the only forum of it's kind on the web and it must live on. Also arguably the most fun and often more practical side of fishing for the waters nearest many folks living locations.

We have a way of thoroughly enjoying the lower (and much larger) portion of any species population pyramid. Y'know, 10 lb bass are rare, but find a tackle path to enjoying the sport of 10" fish and there's great fishing everywhere. Hawg huntin' is fun, but it's the base of the pop-pyramid that keeps ya busy in most angler's realities.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:06 am • # 3 

PHilos: Welcome back!
Knotjoe: Very wise words, my friend. I'm blessed to live in the land of Atlantic salmon, big searun brookies, muskies and 100 fish striped bass days. But I also live 5 minutes through the woods from a stream full of 10"+ fallfish, sunnies, yellow perch, chain pickerel and mostly small bass. Since I discovered ultralight fishing and this forum, I spend at least 10 days ultralighting to every day big game fishing. My salmon/trout snob friends think I'm nuts, but there's no denying the smiles per gallon of ultralight fishing. Their loss. I am so grateful for this forum and the loons that live here. Even Cliff. :lol
brent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:07 pm • # 4 

Thanks guys!

You are right Knotjoe-we are a minority to be sure. Odd that Tenkara would gain such popularity but ultralight fly fishing would not.

So Brent Cliff still hanging around huh? You gotta love Cliff-like that uncle that doesn't seem quite right but is nice enough. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:48 am • # 5 

Hey, just because I don't have all my marbles left (I'm not sure I ever had the full amount) doesn't mean that I'm not a nice guy!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:49 am • # 6 

Hey, just because I don't have all my marbles left (I'm not sure I ever had the full amount) doesn't mean that I'm not a nice guy!!

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 8:45 pm • # 7 

I just logged in again this evening after a long hiatus. Not sure why that was. I too was glad to see that the Forum was still active!
Anxious to get back on the water.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply