It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 70 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: CCP Rant
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:41 pm • # 1 

Knowingly buying Chinese tackle . . really. . .really !
Seems that there is little doubt the CCP has made it pretty obvious that their intention is word economic domination.
Anyone who disagrees surely has to have been in a coma, urn or box, for the last 10 years.
Its also becoming obvious that Covid was either intentionally let loose on the world or at least purposely not prevented from spreading - courtesy of CCP.
This along with many years of flooding the planet with vastly underpriced goods has pretty much secured China's place as the economic giant it has become.
Now before anyone reminds me this is a fishing channel and politics should be taboo, let me say this -
Just about anyone reading this could certainly afford to buy tackle and goods NOT made in China.
I like a bargain as much as the next man, and there are countries such as S Korea, Japan, India, Thailand, Czech Republic, e.t.c. that produce competitively priced, decent quality tackle.
Or better still why not buy tackle made in ones own country. None of us actually needs fishing tackle, it's a luxury leisure item when all said and done.
If our governments are to God **** weak to impose sanctions on the CCP we sure as hell can boycott their tackle industry simply by buying elsewhere.
If the worlds anglers, sportsmen and women started to stand up against Xi Jinping and stopped buying Chinese made leisure items it would be a blow against a cruel oppressive regime who have ruthlessly stolen millions of lives across the globe.
If we don't stand up and be counted God only knows what they will be up to next.
Rant over chaps.

Post subject: Re: CCP Rant
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:13 pm • # 2 

:lol :applause ;) :P :eek :) :lol :applause :P ;) :) :eek O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 :hat :hat :rolleyes :rollin :x :smokin 8) :D :eek |I :smokin :x 8o >: :| >:D >:D >:D :-\ :'( :evil 0] :-X :-[ :o :( ::) ::) ???

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:33 pm • # 3 

Just my two pennyworth is all.
A bit like if everyone would only buy free range eggs - battery farms would die out overnight.
AS INDEED THEY SHOULD. Its simply barbaric keeping living creatures in those conditions.
We just need to think and act accordingly and we can make huge changes in the world.
It ain't rocket science, just a little willpower.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:54 pm • # 4 

Now Chris , dont tell me youre one of those Peta peeps are you ? I had grass fed beef and I'll be the first to say it was terrible . I like my beef soft and tender not from some ole rangeley stringy free roam cow . And everybody knows that cooped up chicken lay better cause they dont have anything else to do . I know this because I had 6 chickens till one of them died yesterday . She was a good chicken too , a red sexlink . Her name was Fancey . I'm going to miss her .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:34 pm • # 5 

So is laying more eggs your main criterion for quality of life for your birds then ? You give them names why not space and fresh air as God intended ?
The terrible beef you had was entirely due to the fact it lived outside with the sun on its back and ate the natural food of a ruminant herbivore then?
I suppose farmed Salmon is tastier than wild fish according to you premise.
You need to get out more my friend.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:46 pm • # 6 

For the record I hate fish . What dream world are you living in and where do you live it ? I have Bobcats in my backyard and just had to kill one to keep him AWAY from my chickens . How long do you think a free roaming chicken would last here ? Its a little different here in the west than in Cornshire or wherever the hell it is you live . And no , I dont give a **** about the quality of life a fkn chicken has and my wife named the goofy things . I need to get out ? You need to go **** yourself jackass limey .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:13 pm • # 7 

Well, that didn't last long, did it?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:34 pm • # 8 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Well, that didn't last long, did it?

Nope , rant over .

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:33 pm • # 9 

Chris and Ron, I heartily thank both of you for sharing your viewpoints, simply because they livened things up a bit and it has been a bit dull around here lately. Whether I agree with either of you completely is as irrelevant as I am irreverent.

I don’t know exactly how and why Covid-19 got so uncontrolled because I wasn’t in China at the time. But it sure has messed things up!

It’s not practical for me to buy much fly-fishing tackle made in the country where I live, because Brazil simply does not have that type of industry. As an American expat it would seemingly make sense for me to buy stuff that is made in the USA, but in practice it’s different. The last time I tried to buy a vintage fly reel over E-Bay in the US I came to my senses and gave up, just because it would end up costing 4 times the price of the reel once customs and handling costs were factored in. So I turned around and bought a reel from the UK which is probably better quality, complete with a silk line that may or may not be workable. For some reason stuff from the UK gets to me with much less hassle and expense. Today I went to the post office and was happy as a pig in muck upon discovering a new old fly reel. It’s a strange little Reuben Heaton model made from alloy and brass, a 2 ¾” mid-arbor thing. Looks like just the ticket for a 0-weight rod.

Sorry, but I won’t go into my views about politics. However, I can have a succulent steak any day for a very reasonable price and it comes from naturally fed cattle. Oh, by the way, I’m on a vegetarian diet. All the beef that I eat comes from animals that used to be vegetarians. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. My rant is over, for now.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:23 pm • # 10 

AS with our friend from Brazil, as a Canadian, these issues are clouded by the absence of domestic suppliers. I do, however, try to buy waders, rods and such locally because I like having shops nearby and open for those times when I need to stop and get some leader or Gink on the way to the river. I have no knowledge of the extent to which US rods are built exclusively from US-manufactured components. But as a lifelong motorcyclist, I was always amused on my forays into the US, by the commitment of many riders to 'American Iron', most notably, HD, based on a 'buy American' philosophy. (I have owned only British and Japanese bikes). The reason for my amusement?... "Harleys sold in the U.S. are indeed assembled in one of four plants located in Wisconsin, Missouri and Pennsylvania. But the brakes and clutch are imported from Italy, the engine pistons are made in Austria, the bike suspension comes from Japan, and other electronic components originate in Mexico and China." (CBS News/Moneywatch)
brent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:03 pm • # 11 

wheezeburnt wrote:
"Harleys sold in the U.S. are indeed assembled in one of four plants located in Wisconsin, Missouri and Pennsylvania. But the brakes and clutch are imported from Italy, the engine pistons are made in Austria, the bike suspension comes from Japan, and other electronic components originate in Mexico and China." (CBS News/Moneywatch)
brent

Uhmm , no , my cylinders and pistons , heads and cam is made right here in the US by S&S Cycles . My lifters are small block chevy and my pushrods are called Quickies made here in the US also .My clutch pack is by American Prime Manufacturing . I had a custom made electrics made by Simon electrics ( a high perf boat parts manufacturer . The only leak I have ever had was when I accidently broke a return line by being negligent . Tthe front end is from Germany , the tires from Italy and the tins wherever the hell Harley had them made ! How do I know all this ? I rebuilt it at 140K and made the motor all new again .

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 am • # 12 

Interesting looking machine, Ron! That is a piece of art. Sounds like you've put a LOT of work into it. My point wasn't that you couldn't replace imported OEM parts on a HD with domestic aftermarket parts, but rather that the Made in America claim is more accurately Assembled in America. And there is no shame in that: I like the manufacturer of my machines to use the best performing, most reliable parts available. I've been riding since 1968, and my focus has almost always been on well-performing, reliable bikes (ok, sure, I went through a Norton phase :lol :lol ) rather than lifestyle accessories (more of a motorcyclist than a 'biker'). My latest purchase was a Suzuki GSXF1250 sport touring machine, and it has parts from all over the world, because not everyone is good at everything. But as with fishing, I believe there's room for all of us and our various perspectives. One of my fishing buddies is an incorrigible bait-flanger; another is committed to dry fly fishing for salmon and trout only. Both fine fellows; both great company. ;)
brent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:27 pm • # 13 

I buy TFO rods of late and they are made in South Korea. They recently replaced a tip for $30 bucks; thought that was pretty fair of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:37 pm • # 14 

I understand the anger...its rough to be a usa based business and comply with all the rules foisted upon us by the government here..taxes,regulation ,standards that no one else has to comply with..it sucks trying to make a living..I understand.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:06 am • # 15 

It's easy to say one is a patriot, not always quite so easy, especially on the pocket, to actually be one, I get that.
Thing is, if we don't stand up for our own country and those countries that are too poor to resist, then who will.
The UK government, our big companies, the intelligencia, the lefties, the Scots, the academics and god knows who all else
tried for 4 years to overturn the peoples decision to leave the EU. Yet against all the odds we at last have the Brexit we voted for in June 2016.
People power really works but we have to work at it.
Make no mistake we are at war right now. One being waged on the free world by a massively powerful communist regime who's intention is world economic domination. And they are winning !
It really is the CCP against the rest of us.
We can turn the tide if enough of us say to China " we can and we, will buy elsewhere "

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:11 am • # 16 

Chris: I certainly understand your patriotic perspective and your abhorrence of 'communism' as it is practiced in the world today. Have you found you are able to purchase all of your needs from UK sources? Or do you extend your purchase decisions to UK allies, ex-colonies, other 'true' democracies?
brent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:23 am • # 17 

Oh I'll buy from anyone, EXCEPT goods made in CHINA or sold out of there.
To be fair there is the odd exception i.e other communist countries or those with appalling human rights issues.
I like supporting poorer countries as long as the quality is acceptable and import duties aren't too high.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am • # 18 

I only catch fish made in the USA.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:29 am • # 19 

Superb !
Could that be because you only fish in the USA do you think ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:34 am • # 20 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
I only catch fish made in the USA.

:lol :applause Now, if you were a REAL patriot, you'd limit yourself to redbreast sunfish, white crappie and blueback trout

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next   Page 1 of 4   [ 70 posts ] New Topic Add Reply