It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm • # 1 

Anyone have any info on how these two lines compare? I can't find much for taper information on the Pocketwater. Wondering if I want to replace a lightly-used PW1 that was given to me with a new Creek 0 or 1 for my Ben's 5'7 #0.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:46 pm • # 2 

Almost a month up and nobody's got nothin' for me?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:55 pm • # 3 

It must mean the answer is no (that nobody has any info).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:04 pm • # 4 

Sorry that your not getting a response, I know how frustrating that is. I haven't used either line and 2 wt is the smallest line I use.
It would be interesting to know how many folks on this forum fish with a #1 or #0 line; many of the posts I've seen with that size line indicated they were making their lines from braid or something. Let us know how it works out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:21 pm • # 5 

toothybugs wrote:
I can't find much for taper information on the Pocketwater.

Yeah, it's a tough one to find much about anywhere on the web. When it was being discontinued, folks appeared to be grabbing them up on whatever board it was mentioned on. Best I can find for you thus far is here...

https://ultralightflyfishing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=673

Ain't that no one cares, some of us watch things like this to see if anyone else knows. Thus far, this one's on you to buy and report. Tough break for ya, but sometimes we gotta buy new fishin' stuff and suffer though the act of spending hours on the water evaluating it. :lol

My guess on the results? You'll probably like it, it's pretty hard to totally botch an UL line no matter what they do with it. Typical use lends itself to success here as we're not punching big deer hair poppers into the wind.

I'd join you in the exploration of this line, but I've got enough stuff to play with and more coming into form soon.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:54 pm • # 6 

True, I have no experience with either of those lines. I generally use #2 line for all my UL rods, not because I wouldn't like to use anything lighter but because any lighter than that are way out of the sweet spot on the cost/availability axis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:58 am • # 7 

According to the marketing hype and the website of Rio itself, https://www.rioproducts.com/products/premier-rio-creek
the "1-weight" line weighs 80 grains in the first 30', which actually makes it a 2-weight. It looks like the "0-weight" is 66 grains, actually at the upper limits for a 1-weight. And so it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:17 am • # 8 

Yea, I found a bunch of references to it and it seemed to be a much-desired line. The one I have is fairly well used and I was curious what I'd need to replace it with if I ended up falling in love with it. I hope I didn't sound too irritated with the lack of response, I was more amused by the quiet than anything.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply