It is currently Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:00 am • # 1 

Hello everyone,

I need a new line for my Winston 804 B2t. I recently bought the infinity line and it is way too heavy, the rod bounces everywhere. I tried the Rio Technical Trout and it fell apart after 15 outings. Here’s my contenders, which are all true to weight at 120 grams, or very close to that for first 30. They vary in head design and length. Most of my fishing is 10-25 feet in spring creeks (dries, small streamers, hopper dropper.)

1) Orvis Pro Trout
2) Orvis Hydros Light Line
3) Winston Energy
4) 406 lines
5) Barrio
6) Wulff TT
7) SA Trout

Looking for experience or recs, especially those who have fished a B2t. Action is very much medium.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:05 pm • # 2 

I'm afraid I have never fished a winston rod but I have exposure to some of those lines. IMHO the type of fishing you do is quite forgiving and a lot of line types will work fine for that just get the weight right. You might as well get a DT -- that way you can reverse it after a bunch of use.

I have a bunch of Barrio lines (DT, SLX, GT90) and I like them all. The DT I use in 6 and 7wt for my fiberglass rods and its perfect for that taper.
The Wulff TT is another favorite. Not technically a small creek line but lays out great for the way I cast. The 406 lines would be perfect.
I'd also put in a plug for the Cortland Peach 444 DT which I happen to like.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:45 pm • # 3 

Barrio lines have been out of stock for last several months. He is trying to find a new supplier for lines built to his specs. The 406 lines, SA Trout, and Orvis lines are all nice.

Larry

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply