It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:07 pm • # 1 

Hi folks! I have a beautiful Hardy Baby Bouglé reel at 2 13/16" and 3.2 oz that is just aching to go on a rod. I have three solid candidates and one potential purchase that could also be a candidate and I was hoping to get some help deciding.

I have a 182-4 Sage Little ONE where the reel seems like it may be a bit too much for my tastes, but not out of line, by any means. I have only used the rod once and the Sage CLICK 0/1/2 I have seemed perfect.

I also have a 282-4 Sage Little ONE. I feel this Hardy reel might start to work with this 2wt. Again, it would be replacing a Sage CLICK 0/1/2.

The third rod in the quiver is an early 2000s 804/3 Scott G. I thin the reel and its weight would be nice on this rod, but the capacity with a WF4 is too little. I have no problem cutting 20-30' off the back end of the Rio Elite Technical Trout WF4F I like on this rod, though, as it is never cast beyond 40' while fishing. That should easily give the little reel enough capacity for 30 yards of 20 lb backing.

I need to find and buy a 3wt in the 8' - 8'6" range, and this reel also seems a good candidate for such a rod.

Does anyone have comments or thoughts on this? Anybody have experience with this reel? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:17 pm • # 2 

You didn't know it but you need a 279 LL.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:23 pm • # 3 

toothybugs wrote:
You didn't know it but you need a 279 LL.

I'm not much for 2-piece rods, I'm afraid. I backpack a lot and fly on planes to most destination. Looking for 4-piece and maybe a 3-piece if is is short enough.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:08 pm • # 4 

Why not find a hardy sirrus glass, bet that little beauty would look good with the sirrus’s classic styling? :P

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply