It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:46 pm • # 1 

Hello! This is my first post here... short introduction, my name is Jeff. I live in Western Washington and I enjoy spending time fishing smaller creeks... probably more than bigger rivers! I've been fly fishing for a little over a decade now.

With that said, I'm no stranger to light rods, as I've owned a 3wt since the first year I started. However... up until recently I've never gone smaller. I'm looking long and hard at buying a Sage Dart in 0wt, as I feel it would be great for some of the local small streams(where a "monster" would be 10"-12").

My questions are... having never cast a 0wt before(and from my research it seems this rod is on the faster side of 0wt), how would this rod do with larger dries? I'm thinking stimmys and hoppers.

Finally, do you think it would be capable of occasionally throwing a hopper dropper?

With either scenario, I realize it's a small stream 0wt. I don't expect nor plan to try to cast 60 feet or something ridiculous... especially not with either one of those(and with most of the streams it would see use on, you wouldn't have to - or be able to!).

Bonus question, if you own the rod(or have cast it) - what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance... and thanks for having me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:03 pm • # 2 

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Here's some more info on that particular rod, which seems to be a 7'6" 3-piece.
viewtopic.php?f=68&t=12368

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply