It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Scientific Angler Reels
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 am • # 1 

Greetings from Kentucky,

A new SA System 2-L 45L that goes 4.1 oz. and is 3" X 5/8" just arrived. It balances perfectly on my my TFO 8' 2 wt. and is workable on my TFO 6' 2wt. (using the forefinger on top grip). It has been lined with a full length SA WF4F and very little backing. Lawn cast of 50' or more, with heavier flies and hopper droppers, are workable with both rods. It was new in box, made in England, and has an excellent drag. I feel it should prove extremely serviceable for our type of sport.

Incidentally, It came from an eBay Store, Dintyclutter. I've purchased several item from them and am pleased with their service and attention. I'm Extremely Pleased with the competitiveness of their pricing. I have no interest with this store other than being a well satisfied customer willing to suggest you check them out.

Fred

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:56 am • # 2 
Administrator

Fred,
That's a great reel with a very powerful drag system. I have one too and as result of my impression of the first bought a few more. The only one I don't own is the 2/3L- but perhaps one day I will.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:52 am • # 3 

The 23L has been discontinued, and as such, they are available on that evil site only now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:10 am • # 4 

Andy, Guess that is why I could not find a new one.

I plan to build up the spool on a 45 with cork and use a half DT line without backing and see how much total weight I have to deal with. The drag on this reel is excellent and the three inch spool gives a nice rate of retrieve.

Fred

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply