It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: cortland sylk
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:39 am • # 1 

Hi guys, anyone had any experience using Cortland Sylk line on a modern graphite stick? If so do you recommend over lining by one line weight?

Kind regards,
Gavin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am • # 2 
Administrator

Hi Gavin,
I have used it in heavier weights for older rods with smaller guides. I am curious as to how you would like to use this smaller diameter line.
Les

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:32 pm • # 3 

Hi Les. I have read quite a few articles on this line. Most say that it is for traditional bamboo or fibre glass rods. But, lately I have been hearing more and more reviewers say that they have been using it on modern faster actioned graphite rods in light line weights and that it is an awesome line. An aquaintence of mine (unquestionably one of the best, if not the best small stream fanatic in South Africa) swears by it for 000wt-3wt rods. I was thinking of giving it a try on my 3wt, but just wanted to check others views before I wnet ahead and bought it.

Here is a link that may be of interest - http://www.activeangler.c...acnair/cortlands_sylk.asp
Gavin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:50 am • # 4 

This line is famous for being sticky, though this may have been one production batch. Nothing earth shattering about the line, really. They don't look much like real silk lines either. I like the Sage Quiet Taper in the light lines. There was a clearance at Sierra Trading. Don

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply