It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:58 pm • # 1 

I just received a caliper drag Pflueger and the click was WAAAAAAY too stiff for UL tippets, so I got to playing with it and I got the wind to a point where it is comfortable, but the pay is now super light, and ideal for working on some of those 4# and lighter tippets. I could post a how to if you would like, so you can all do it on your vintage clicker reels. I also use quality grease on them all as it helps with durability and smoothness, IMO.

I also have a Gayle Simplicity #2 that I feel was a little stiff on pay with LHW, so I figured, what the heck, I can tweak this one also. It now works flawlessly with a light pay.

I LOVE caliper drag reels and if anyone needed, I would be more than happy to tune your drags to your preference. Some examples of these drags are on the Ocean City reels, lower end Pfluegers (including the Trump, Sal-Trout, Progress), Meisselbach Featherlights, most all skeleton reels, and many other vintage light weight reels.

If you are all interested in a how to, let me know and I can snap some pictures tonight, as I have a reel I haven't touched yet, but need to.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:05 pm • # 2 

I would be interested Andy....sooner or later I am going to get a vintage outfit ,cause I love old stuff, and I am sure that learning how to do that will come in handy...I am always willing to learn....Rob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 pm • # 3 

I will take some pictures this weekend and post a how to on the caliper drag adjustments.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply