It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:40 am • # 1 

First of all I would like to apologize for this long post, but I believe it is a tale that needs to be told....A couple of weeks ago I had a family emergency with my son...As I was getting ready to leave at midnight, I noticed the pearow was selling some flies and I was going out the door in about 15 minutes..I left him a message and I recieved one from him that he would hold some for me...He did and when I got home I messaged him and he sent them even before he got my money...It made me happy that someone I know only from this board found me trustworthy enough to do that...Thanks pearow...They should be here today and I cannot wait...Now the second part of this story...I took my laptop, a couple of my rods and reels, and a few personal items to my girlfriends house to be safe cause I was not sure how long my son would need me...I spent 2 weeks with him...helped him get his treatments and general life in order and when he no longer needed "Daddy" I came home to get things in order so I will be able to leave at a moments notice should his health take a turn for the worse...This morning my lady friend called and said she needed some help...I went over and as I asked her what she needed...she said , I don't need a thing, but you need to go fishing..and handed me 3 boxes....2 held fly reels...one old airex and one skeleton reel, which has a green handle and I suspect is a Bronson...no marks on it tho...both are about 2 5/8 in diameter and work real well...the third box held a aluminum tube and rod sock with a brand new 7'11 3wt.2 piece rod made by the woodall rod company...It is very nice looking, like a whip, and sure I will be able to make it work just fine...did not ask what she paid...how she found out about ultralight fly stuff....and it would not matter if it was a broomstick, the effort and concern make it and the reels treasure....she did mention she got a friend of mine, who knows even less than me about UL to help her pick...In this time of worry about my son...The acts of the people mentioned have made my life a bit more stress free...There are a lot of people out there guys that are takers...I have some people in my life that are givers....I am blessed.....Rob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:41 am • # 2 
Administrator

Great post Rob. Let us know how the new gear handles.

J.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:57 am • # 3 

Thanks Rob! I am glad to hear about your good fortunes in bad times. Get out and go fishing, even for an hour, it takes the pain away for a little while.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:30 pm • # 4 

I like that sometimes glad gets mixed with the sad.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply