It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:16 pm • # 1 

My wife is tired of materials spread across the dining room table. ;-)

Found this on CL, going to pick up this evening. We already have a wet bar ... I may never leave home again save for work and fishing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:08 pm • # 2 

That'll be nice. A place for everything but it will be up to you to keep everything in its place. Not something I seem to be able to do at my table. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 am • # 3 

I have a roll top too, slightly different. Only drawers on the right side. When tying always untidy as I leave things out expecting to use them next time then comes a different tie and more stuff comes out. I do love my tying desk. Congratulations and enjoy your tying.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:26 am • # 4 

Nice tying desk! I like that upper shelf; plenty of room for thread/floss/tinsel spool racks. you must be looking forward to getting that all set up.

linecaster wrote:
....When tying always untidy as I leave things out expecting to use them next time then comes a different tie and more stuff comes out. I do love my tying desk. Congratulations and enjoy your tying.

:) Funny how that happens, isn't it? I have a tying center in the loft over my garage. Every couple of months I'll go up there and just tidy up and put everything away. Then, when its all clean and I should be walking away, I'll get inspired by the lack of clutter and sit down to begin the cycle over again. ;)
brent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:23 am • # 5 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Nice tying desk! I like that upper shelf; plenty of room for thread/floss/tinsel spool racks. you must be looking forward to getting that all set up.

linecaster wrote:
....When tying always untidy as I leave things out expecting to use them next time then comes a different tie and more stuff comes out. I do love my tying desk. Congratulations and enjoy your tying.

:) Funny how that happens, isn't it? I have a tying center in the loft over my garage. Every couple of months I'll go up there and just tidy up and put everything away. Then, when its all clean and I should be walking away, I'll get inspired by the lack of clutter and sit down to begin the cycle over again. ;)
brent

That happens to me at least twice a year.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:18 am • # 6 

Man am I ever looking forward to getting it all set up! Had to go back to work for a week a few hours after unloading it. Some new materials and a new vise should arrive at the house about the same time I do. I'm thinking that too shelf also is a great place to put my laptop when I'm learning a new pattern.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:30 pm • # 7 

And here we have it all set-up. At least my wife knows where to find me now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:14 pm • # 8 

:applause
NOW we're talking!
brent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:49 am • # 9 

Nice!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 pm • # 10 

Great desk, and great reading material.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 pm • # 11 

Wow, that would be great to have. Congrats on getting the perfect piece of furniture

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:48 am • # 12 

First time I noticed this thread. Nice setup Aaron. I have a much smaller rolltop desk for fly tying. But it also serves as my bill paying desk, so things tend to get a little muddled much of the time. I noticed your bottle of fly tyer's lubricant sitting on the side of the desk; I'm afraid if I used anything like that while tying, my flies would probably fall apart while tying them on the tippet, much less casting or fishing them.

Larry

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply