It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 52 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:51 pm • # 41 

Recieved some flies that the Blue Gill want to sample. Thankyou Ika and all for patiently waiting for me. Very nice ties thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:32 pm • # 42 

Made a quick visit to City Park Lagoon in New Orleans before stopping by a local micro brewery for a beer and a burger this afternoon. After failing with a few patterns of my own, I tied on Strummer's Bluegill Killer and managed this pretty little Rio almost immediately. Put up a great fight on the Echo Dry 2wt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:04 am • # 43 

Rad!

Mine showed up today. Thanks, lka for hosting! Flies look good guys! And linecaster, that was definitely worth the wait.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:21 am • # 44 

Saw some moose tracks on my way to the mailbox today, so I was pretty optimistic, but nothing yet. I expect I'll be a couple more weeks, given the whole border thing and all.
Waiting patiently
brent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:35 pm • # 45 

strummer wrote:
Rad!

Mine showed up today. Thanks, lka for hosting! Flies look good guys! And linecaster, that was definitely worth the wait.

Guy

Thank you, I am dying to try the flies out but again Friday expecting plenty rain, three weeks in a row on a Friday into Saturday.
Eric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:18 am • # 46 

Intercepted the moose, and got my flies this morning. Thanks, guys. They're all intriguing and I plan to try 'em all once the water warms up. 1ka: looks like I owe you some shipping cash. Right on it. And thanks for taking on the inconvenience of international shipping.
brent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:27 am • # 47 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Intercepted the moose, and got my flies this morning. Thanks, guys. They're all intriguing and I plan to try 'em all once the water warms up. 1ka: looks like I owe you some shipping cash. Right on it. And thanks for taking on the inconvenience of international shipping.
brent

We're good on shipping, not worth the hassle!

I went down to the river yesterday and tried to use some of the flies from the swap, but as typically happens several previous days of beautiful weather turned into gale force winds on the one day I had off of work, so I played with my new UL spin rod instead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:14 pm • # 48 

lka wrote:
wheezeburnt wrote:
brent

We're good on shipping, not worth the hassle!

I went down to the river yesterday and tried to use some of the flies from the swap, but as typically happens several previous days of beautiful weather turned into gale force winds on the one day I had off of work, so I played with my new UL spin rod instead.

Thanks, bud. Much appreciated.
brent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:47 am • # 49 

lka:
I just wanted to let you know of an experience I had yesterday with your "Empie's Deadly Shiner" yesterday on the Miramichi River. I had tied it on because I was anxious to make use of the 'swap' flies, and because the searun brook trout were running upriver to the headwaters. I knew the Atlantic salmon were still present, as the fish that overwintered in the river were heading downstream to fatten up in the ocean, but we fish for them with 2/0 monster flies and I figured they'd ignore the small kreelex fly.
Well, six casts in, and I was connected to a salmon, a real jumper, on 4 lb test tippet. Managed to get him within a few feet of shore when he made one last leap and threw the fly, which was fine with me - don't really need another photo of me holding a salmon, although I would love to have had the bragging rights of actually landing him on that fly. He did get close enough, though, that I can comfortably say he was at least a 24" fish. Oh, and I do have a witness. LOL.
Nice fly. Thanks so much!
brent

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:54 am • # 50 

Wow! That must have been a rush on 4 lbs tippet!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:58 am • # 51 

Chris_in_Louisiana wrote:
Wow! That must have been a rush on 4 lbs tippet!

:lol It sure was. They love to be airborne once hooked, and getting him so close to shore was more good luck than good management.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:37 pm • # 52 

That is excellent! Thanks for sharing and I bet that was loads of fun. Like somebody wise once observed, sometimes elephants eat peanuts...

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3   Page 3 of 3   [ 52 posts ] New Topic Add Reply