It is currently Wed May 25, 2022 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Spring Swing
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm • # 1 

Got out last week after work, just brought my 2wt, my dry fly box, few caddis and Micky Finn`s, it was too early for any caddis hatch but I saw a couple and they only thing hatching were tiny midges, maybe a few blue wing olives and very few risers so I skated some caddis and swung a streamer.

It was a warmer day but its still cold and early, had good action landing a number of nice fish and many more lost. Here is a few that made it to the net.

I`ll get out this Saturday, hopefully the dry fly action will be better, Just in the mood for dry fly action, I swing and skate a lot of flies.

Post subject: Re: Spring Swing
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Nice browns

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:26 am • # 3 

Nice to see some fish pictures along with one of my favorite u/l outfits.

Harry

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am • # 4 

Pretty fish!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:14 pm • # 5 

Thanks Guys, I`m really digging the 276-4. Four years ago when I bought my 386-4 The fly shop gave me a deal on the matching 3/4 drift clicker I almost turned him down but I`m glad I did`nt its a nice reel.

The drift 3/4 works great on the 2wt and since I found a sage click large arbor for the 3wt. I had a desire for a modern larger arbor, I have-not fished it enough to decide if I like it or not. All my reels are old school clickers, Ive never owned a disk drag reel. Even my steelhead reel is a clicker speyco.

I have an old MG3 Martin I received as a birthday present from my father with my first fly rod at age 9 a Fenwick glass rod. I`m going to find a 3wt glass rod for that reel. The MG3 has the loudest most obnoxious click I've ever heard and I love it.

Those Redington rods fish really well, I like them, and I do a lot of bushwhacking with them, I don't think I`d like a really expensive rod with all the bushwhacking I do and my local rivers are in the woods. They take a lot of abuse, Ive had the 3wt fixed a few times.

I better go tie flies for tomorrow, going to be a beautiful day and then a week of cold and rain, hopefully not snow.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 9:40 pm • # 6 

Good write up and pictures. Thanks for the post.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply