It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: I love bream fishing!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 am • # 1 

Yesterday I went to Lake Holbrook in East Texas to do a little bream fishing out of my float tube because I knew that they would be on the beds. They certainly were! I ended up bringing home 55 bluegill, coppernose and redear, throwing back another 30 or so that were too small, as well as two bass that were raiding the bream beds. I caught them all on #12 black/polar flash woolly buggers on my 7', 3-wt rod. I fished about 400 yds of shoreline which left about 20 miles of prime territory untouched. To see pics you'll have to go to Warm Water Fly Fishing on Facebook because since Photobucket started charging for its service I can't post pics anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:17 pm • # 2 

I use to fish that lake all the time.
Probably haven’t been there in 15 years or so.

People drive right by it headed to Lake Fork and don’t know what they are missing.....Shhhhh!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:40 pm • # 3 

Cliff, that’s encouraging. Now if you can just build a 89-foot refrigerator boat, complete with a cleaning deck, perhaps you can tow it behind your float tube to explore the remaining 19 ½ miles of shoreline before they go off the beds!

On the more serious side, maybe we all need to find a substitute for Photobucket to breathe some new life into this forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:07 pm • # 4 

Posting Pics I use this...super simple.
I have like a 1000 pictures on photo bucket they wont let me get to anymore screw them.

https://imgbb.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:55 pm • # 5 

………….………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..………………………………………………………………………………………………………..I quit .

Last edited by jangles on Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:49 pm • # 6 

Photobucket keeps sending me emails telling me I'm over my free storage limit. I haven't used that site in over a decade.

Imgur is also a decent site. I like this tapatalk for iPad. I use a photo transfer app to send pics from my phone to the tablet. Then post using the app. Simple.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:18 pm • # 7 

Cliff, I honestly think you're starting to get the hang of this fishing thing. Stick with it, bud. You're showing promise. :lol :lol :lol :lol
enviousbrent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:00 am • # 8 

I don't know Brent, I probably still need about 30 more years of practice before I actually begin to catch anything..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:19 am • # 9 

:lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:42 am • # 10 

Postimage is simple to use. You can take a picture and directly post it or take pictures stored on your phone and paste them here.

I've never tried to store on that site and not sure how to do that.

Took seconds to pull this from my phone gallery and post it here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:17 pm • # 11 

GEEZE!!!! what fly did you use to catch that dude :applause :lol :lol :lol When I see those guys show up I usually go home.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:24 am • # 12 

Attempted accessing photobucket pics after free storage emails to download back onto the computer & spent what seemed as hours on different days with so many popups & that account was over limit, which it wasn't & to access would need to choose a plan which wasn't even available due to so many other announcements which needed to be cleared to get back to the photos time & time again......so long bream pics.....

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply