It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:54 pm • # 21 

roblepl wrote:
Since lower weight Fiberglass blanks are not easy nor cheap to find, it was a dumb idea that crossed my mind and decided to ask that question over there.

It's great to be back here.

Agreed , Jackasses abound over there .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:09 pm • # 22 

Lot of collective wisdom, similar to here but... tougher crowd.

I have learned a ton from forums. I know about only one more local that likes to fly fish with ultralight rods and none rod builders. I work the whole day in front of a laptop. It's been ages since my day job required me to do anything hands on.

Fly tying and rod building keep my creative juices flowing and are also a great stress relief. Plus I make a few bucks to buy more tying and rod building materials. It's a win win.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 am • # 23 

[quote="roblepl"].... I work the whole day in front of a laptop. It's been ages since my day job required me to do anything hands on....Fly tying and rod building keep my creative juices flowing and are also a great stress relief. .../quote]

I'm glad to hear that. Yours is a familiar tale. I spent much of the last 5 years of my career with other policy wonks and senior government administrators. It was fascinating to learn what creative outlets they found to balance the soul-sucking drudge of their day jobs.
brent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:42 am • # 24 

For the past 4 years I've been a Semiconductor Quality Engineer. 99% of my work is remote and mostly consists of data analysis.

Before that I was an Electronics Technician, Failure Analysis Engineer, Design Engineer, Test Engineer and Avionics Test Equipment Designer in that order. All of those had some hands on component to them although it decreased from one to the next over the past 24 years.

Regardless of how much money you make or the career growth you achieve. Nothing can replace the feeling of accomplishment of putting something together with your own hands.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:16 am • # 25 

roblepl wrote:
Most recent is a 0wt RDP 7.5' which I should be appyling Prokote today. Will post pictures in a couple days once I am done with that. '

I have one of those too, great great rod!

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply