It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Creekin with my son
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:00 pm • # 1 

Yesterday, my youngest and I decided to go and check out a creek that I had heard about. I had heard that the creek holds some nice fish for our area and it was not too far of a drive. We headed out fairly early but not too early. Once at the creek we got out to check it out and it looked like it could be promising and the water was nice and cold. While getting ready, I realized that I had forgotten my weighted nymph box at home. Oh well, I thought, I would just have to make do with what I had with me.

The fishing was slow with only a few chubs coming up. We decided to hike upstream to see if there were better holes.

After fishing a couple of places wit nothing to show, we went up even further until we came to a nice looking spot.

After a little while, the hole produced the first trout of the day for both of us.

Deciding to check out the creek further, we went further upstream. We caught several more fish along the way.

The trip was cut a little short when I slipped on a submerged slimy rock, fell, hit my knee on a large cut my fingers open on a sharp rock and dropped my phone in the water. After a night in a bag of rice, my phone seems to be ok and I was able to get the pics off of it. I told my wife that had the phone died, I was 50/50 for ditching the smartphone and going back to a flip phone.

Post subject: Re: Creekin with my son
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:20 pm • # 2 

Nice report, great photos. Hope your knee is as responsive to treatment as your phone!
brent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:35 pm • # 3 

Great report. Err, the first part, at least.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:57 pm • # 4 

Nice Action!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply