It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Tough Luck
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:05 pm • # 1 

Been getting further behind on my retirement / relocation project every day. Tuesday evening I couldn't stand it; the white bass run is on in the San Jacinto River and I needed a tug drug fix. I called a buddy who has been bugging me to fish and told him to meet me at the river. I got there first and waited for him at the gate to the property I have access to. I rigged the half weight and went ahead and rigged the two weight also, since the wind was blowing pretty hard. As he arrived I set them in the bed of my truck, tips over the tailgate, and led him down the trail to the river. I backed into a side trail far enough for him to pull in and leave the main trail open. I donned my waders and opened the tailgate and found both rods snapped. Apparently a branch got them as I backed in. Aaarrrrrghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Tough Luck
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:21 pm • # 2 

That's just awful. SO sorry to hear about it.
brent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:29 am • # 3 

Ouch! Sorry about your luck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:49 am • # 4 

That sucks!

Wishing you well in repair or replacement of these rods!

Either way Enjoy and Be Safe!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:50 am • # 5 

That sucks!

Wishing you well in repair or replacement of these rods!

Either way Enjoy and Be Safe!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:51 am • # 6 

Just two words for that, Jim - THAT SUCKS!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:58 pm • # 7 

Rotten luck, for me the disappointment would've been no fishing on a hot bite. Sorry about your rods.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:32 am • # 8 

I just got my computer set up at the new digs and was playing around on it; I saw this and figured I'd update y'all on the repair turnaround. I had read a while back on another forum that all of the fly rod manufacturers had multi-month turnaround times on rod warranty and repairs. Because of that, I wanted to wait until I got moved to send them in. I had a six month delay after I retired before I could get moved; I retired in March and finally got moved down here August 30th. The guy who was buying my place in New Caney tried to scam me, and we had to start all over again.

Anyway, I sent both rods to TFO last September. I expected a wait of several months, so I went to the local Bass Pro Shops and picked up a 2 weight CGR just so I'd have a light rod to entertain the local specks and reds with. Much to my surprise, 2 1/2 weeks after sending my rods to TFO, I received both rods, good as new! I don't know if TFO's that quick on all repairs, but I was definitely surprised at the rapid turnaround after what I've been hearing. Kudos to TFO!

Oh, and the local redfish have slapped their seal of approval on the new CGR. That oughta make Canoeman happy...............

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:35 pm • # 9 

hipshot wrote:
I just got my computer set up at the new digs and was playing around on it; I saw this and figured I'd update y'all on the repair turnaround. I had read a while back on another forum that all of the fly rod manufacturers had multi-month turnaround times on rod warranty and repairs. Because of that, I wanted to wait until I got moved to send them in. I had a six month delay after I retired before I could get moved; I retired in March and finally got moved down here August 30th. The guy who was buying my place in New Caney tried to scam me, and we had to start all over again.

Anyway, I sent both rods to TFO last September. I expected a wait of several months, so I went to the local Bass Pro Shops and picked up a 2 weight CGR just so I'd have a light rod to entertain the local specks and reds with. Much to my surprise, 2 1/2 weeks after sending my rods to TFO, I received both rods, good as new! I don't know if TFO's that quick on all repairs, but I was definitely surprised at the rapid turnaround after what I've been hearing. Kudos to TFO!

Oh, and the local redfish have slapped their seal of approval on the new CGR. That oughta make Canoeman happy...............

2 1/2 weeks isn’t bad. Longer than my wait from them when I lived in Killeen back in the day. I sent mine in on a Monday and had them back by Saturday. You have to love TFO. Can’t beat their warranty. Not sure if they still do it, but you used to be able to take it to there door and walk out with repair pieces.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:35 pm • # 10 

At least last year they were still accepting customers at the door for purchases and replacement parts.

Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ] New Topic Add Reply