It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:23 pm • # 1 

I broke my ultralight spey rod this year, in a non-fishing incident. I need to replace it eventually, and although I was very pleased with how it performed, I'm always open to new things. Two blanks that have caught my eye are the Angler's Roost fiberglass blanks - they have an 11' 2/3 and a 10' 3/4 4 piece option. I dig glass rods in single handers, I've never played with a glass two hander but can only imagine that'd be a sweet casting little rod.

It's probably a long shot, but has anyone here built a rod on either blank? I've asked this question over on the fiberglass fly rodders and so far no replies.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:26 pm • # 2 

I have their UL graphite 11' 4/5 weight switch and I love it. I use it mainly for shad fishing but I have used it for steelhead though it is a little under-powered for that. I don't think you can go wrong with his glass. His rods tend to be slow-medium action and should work very well as a spey rod. I'll bet the 11' 2/3 would be a blast. I fish a 10' 2 wt. and an 11' 3 wt. Greys and it is amazing how versatile the light long rods can be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:30 pm • # 3 

Yeah I built my previous UL spey rod on an ARE blank - 12' 2/3 IM6 and loved it. I haven't decided if I should build the replacement on the same blank or go the glass route and scratch the itch for more glass.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply