It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: 10' 1wt Euro blank
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:47 pm • # 1 

Anyone happen to know where I could snag a 10' 1wt to build into an ultra light euro nymphing stick to be a nice back up for my custom ESN

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: 10' 1wt Euro blank
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:06 pm • # 2 

Just buy a Maxcatch 2wt 10' and be done with it and much cheaper . I have the 2 and 3 and love them both .

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:08 pm • # 3 

jangles wrote:
Just buy a Maxcatch 2wt 10' and be done with it and much cheaper . I have the 2 and 3 and love them both .
I'm spoiled, I've fished and owned alot of the top tier rods, sides I have a 10' 2wt and I want a 10'1 or 10' 0wt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:11 pm • # 4 

tc_sutton wrote:
jangles wrote:
I'm spoiled, I've fished and owned alot of the top tier rods, sides I have a 10' 2wt and I want a 10'1 or 10' 0wt

I have too and II dont see where they are that much better if any . Maybe after 45 yrs of fly fishing I'm just to old to notice ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:14 pm • # 5 

jangles wrote:
tc_sutton wrote:
jangles wrote:

I have too and II dont see where they are that much better if any . Maybe after 45 yrs of fly fishing I'm just to old to notice ?
I notice a huge difference from those entry level rods to the rods in the 300-400$ range, then jump up to my esn and h3 euro rods and the differences are silly, and I wouldn't dare step into my beat or my flight with a max catch rod wouldn't trust it to take the beating the rods in competition take

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:03 pm • # 6 

Don't know if this is something for you. stumbled over them when searching the internet.

http://www.maxiarods.com/en/rods-reels/ ... -mx-series

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:07 pm • # 7 

John R wrote:
Don't know if this is something for you. stumbled over them when searching the internet.

I looked at those, and they peaked my interest, will probably snag one before Christmas, but I just bought myself a 10' 2wt Masternymph bellator. I'm actually trying to track down a blank that this rod builder uses as I dont like his build quality and his use of burled cork.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 pm • # 8 

tc_sutton wrote:
John R wrote:

I looked at those, and they peaked my interest, will probably snag one before Christmas, but I just bought myself a 10' 2wt Masternymph bellator. I'm actually trying to track down a blank that this rod builder uses as I dont like his build quality and his use of burled cork.

If you click on the link that John R posted, you might find that the right-hand column gives the prices for blanks. I also noticed that they include a 10'2" 0-weight rod as a 4-piece. Wow!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:50 pm • # 9 

PampasPete wrote:
tc_sutton wrote:
John R wrote:

If you click on the link that John R posted, you might find that the right-hand column gives the prices for blanks. I also noticed that they include a 10'2" 0-weight rod as a 4-piece. Wow!
I've looked at them in the past, if I was to build one I'd be looking at 4-600$ depending on what components I use, but I'm quite happy with my Master Nymph Bellator as nothing I've used can even come close to comparing to it

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply