It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Dan Craft 0wt blank
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:07 am • # 1 

OK guys....I'm this ( I I ) close to ordering a TFO Finesse 1wt blank.......but I found this.

http://www.dancraftent.co...etail/index.cfm?nPID=1662

It's a 6'1 0wt blank from Dan Craft. I want to explore all options before I build the rod.......anyone fish this blank?

Thanks,

David

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 am • # 2 

I know the TFO comes with a warranty and the dan craft doesn't but... I personally build many, many dan craft rods every year and have been most impressed with his idea of personal service. I have had many a conversation with dan himself and have always tried my best to stear my customers his way. I do fish that 0wt rod and love it dearly though I like it better with a 1wt trinangle taper line. to me the dan craft is a better choice but that's just my .02. Other than that I have nothing to do with dan craft other than I do a fair amount of business with them and have been more than satisfied.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:27 pm • # 3 

Hmmm..Thanks Steve.....the fact that you overline the blank actually says soemthing.

David

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:05 pm • # 4 

Steve, the Dan Craft, would probably fish wonderfully with a DT0F line, but I must ask, where did you find a TT1F line? I am interested in that one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:09 pm • # 5 

I hate to say this but I actually found it in the bargain cave at Cabelas... and I bought it for 10 bucks. I didn't have a 1wt at the time or even a rod small enouoght ot handle a 1wt line but I had been wanting to build a ultralight for myself for a while and heck who can pass up a line for 10 bucks anyhow!!! I'll look and see if I still have the box lying around and who it was made by. To be honest I've been wanting to look for a while because I love the line and would like to get one for my 3wt.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:20 pm • # 6 

I found a TT2F Joan Wulff Signature for $30 on ebay, and I love the shorter taper. It casts wonderfully on my 2wt!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:30 pm • # 7 

give him a call. He did a minor repair for me and he treated my as tho I was a big spender. He is a fine rodbuilder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:10 am • # 8 

I have a Dan Craft 0 weight, but it is 8'. I broke the tip of a cased 1 weight and Dan supplied me with 2 extra tips for a minimal charge. His Sig III and IV blanks have been pretty properly rated, in my experience. I would go with the DC over the TFO. Great blanks for the $$$$. As to that broken tip, cases that place a mounted reel against the other sections of the rod are a bad idea. I now reverse the tip section so that it points down to prevent future accidents and never transport bamboo with a mounted reel. Don

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:42 pm • # 9 

That 0wt sounds very sweet. I might look into one of them!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:17 pm • # 10 

Andy just found that box an it's a Wulff line, I've been told that they are actually made by SA then packaged by Wulff. Love the lie though very smooth and casts like a rocket.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:50 pm • # 11 

Hmm...I love that Wulff line I have and if they made a 1wt anymore, I would be all about that.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply