It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:47 am • # 1 

I saw this on the FFR site and thought I might relay the info. Angler's Roost has some new fiberglass blanks for a very nice price. I know nothing of the quality but it is certainly worth an investment to try one out as you can build a nice little light rod on the cheap-p-
http://theanglersroost.com/products/fiberglass-blanks/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:52 am • # 2 
Administrator

Gene, are you going to be the guinea pig? Looks like these would be nice if they are good casters.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:01 pm • # 3 

Interesting kind of makes me wish I hadn't ordered a blue halo blank for my first glass blank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:41 pm • # 4 

Blue Halo are awesome blanks and there hasn't been enough on the new blanks at Anglers Roost. I think you made a great decision to go with Blue Halo. But only time will till. Just need more fisherman with the Angler Roost blank to know.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:30 am • # 5 

I'm going to wait for some reviews. I have an excess of fiberglass blanks waiting to be built. But, such a good price(under $50 with shipping)just thought I would alert the crew-p-

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:43 pm • # 6 

For the price, it is worth a try.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 5:45 pm • # 7 

I am interested in building a glass rod from Angler's Roost blanks. Can anyone tell me what size tip top the 6' 6" 3 wt takes and what is the diameter of the butt section? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 pm • # 8 

For what it's worth I had a 14' 7/8 spey built for me on an anglers roost graphite last year and it's a nice rod for the money. They certainly make good graphite rods, can't speak for their glass or boo though, but if anyone tries it please post the results!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:22 pm • # 9 

I've built the 6' 6" three weight and have fished it once. It is a true three weight although it will cast a 4 wf fairly well (I've no 2 weight lines so can't comment on the other direction). It roll casts reasonably well with a DT and handles WF fine. A useable if not extraordinary rod other than that it oves my Orvis sink tip and that in its own right is why I'll probably keep the rod. A keeper sized sunfish will bow the puppy into a "U", no bass so far.

Gudebrod orange with CP, light wire guides, spar, downlocker with cork insert. Oh, yeah, the blank is described as melon colored. Maybe the inside of a cantalope, its orange.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:56 pm • # 10 

Hmmmmmm....after building my Dorber I swore I'd never build another rod....just not my cup of tea. But, these blanks might just change my mind. Great price for light line glass.

I do have a nice chunk of spalted maple for a seat............maybe one more.......

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:11 pm • # 11 

yeah, he just "flung a cravin" on me also!!!!nice!-p-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:22 pm • # 12 

I've bought 7 foot 3/4 wt blank some 7 or 8 years ago but put it together only last winter and it was my first step into rod building and glass fly rods.

It was very inexpensive so I didn't expect much but ended up loving it and fished it throughout the season.
Rod flexes beautifully while the butt section is very strong.

It turned out to be very good tool for chasing good size fish on a light tippets since the tippet protection is perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:16 am • # 13 

Well done Milos!

I had been curious about some of those blanks from The Angler's Roost, but waited too long to get one. You may or may not know it but the business has been closed a few years now. The owner, John Kuehn, passed away on December 27 2018 and the shop has apparently been closed ever since.

By the way, that's a nice build and a honkin' big brown!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:26 am • # 14 

I literally had to blow the dust off mine! It's been awhile.

I can't even remember how it fishes! Gonna go take it out for a refresher.

Your's looks awesome, Milos!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:55 am • # 15 

i will never buy from him again. I ordered a 3wt 7 ft Paine duplicate. Received an 8 ft 4 wt. He said they were the SAME. Good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:48 am • # 16 

no tye much wrote:
i will never buy from him again. I ordered a 3wt 7 ft Paine duplicate. Received an 8 ft 4 wt. He said they were the SAME. Good luck!

I don't think you have to worry about that, and if you would read the posting in its entirety, you will see that he passed away over 4 years ago and the business is no longer

Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ] New Topic Add Reply