It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:06 pm • # 21 

Sorry if addressing this topic at this date was wrong for some reason. Maybe topics should have a time limit and automatically be eliminated if they should no longer be responded to.

It just amazes me the number of people who buy something and then complain about price of shipping after they were shown two numbers to start with. It's simple--you add the two numbers together and this is called the the total. Then you say is this item worth the "total".

Buyers remorse isn't a valid reason to indicate the seller did something wrong.

Barry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 pm • # 22 

My guess is that you paid a set shipping fee. Small shops and especially kitchen table businesses don't have time to calculate shipping for every order. They also most likely want to discourage tiny orders. You needed the feathers and paid their asking rate. Were the feathers adequately packaged to prevent damage? Did they arrive in a timely manner? Those are the things you might complain about.

For instance, I bought a bicycle part from an ebay seller about 10 days ago. I paid $7.25 shipping. It was a part small enough to stick in a small priority flat rate box and I would have received it the middle of last week. It arrived yesterday, shipped parcel post, loose, in an oversized box the seller probably had laying around. I dinged him mildly in my feedback because he could have used a free box and gotten the item to me in half the time for less than I paid in shipping. That much "trouble" I would expect a seller to go to, but not much more. BTW, I ordered a couple of small parts from another company two days after that ebay purchase. They used a flat rate box and I had the parts by Thursday for $1.30 less shipping cost.

BTW, taking a few dollars hit on shipping isn't getting screwed. Paying for ($600) a supposedly about to be finished rod from a rather famous maker six years ago (I'm shortening the story, but that's the gist of it) who now won't even discuss it with me—that's getting screwed!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 pm • # 23 

Barry,

I have no problem paying shipping costs, and you are correct, I did know the cost of shipping up front before making purchase. And I do not have buyers remorse, I'm a big boy and I understand how business work, I've been in sales operations for 15+ years. My issue is, if you are going to charge $5.95 for shipping and my order shows up in a .75 envelope with a .41 cent stamp on it, than its not $5.95 for shipping.

Now we can argue all the semantics of: packing, travel to the post office, travel to staples to buy the envelope. Or I can blindly assume: he had the envople already, grabbed a stamp out of his desk, place the envople in the mailbox attached to his house and Gus the mailman picked it up on his normal route.

Either way, my point, which was merely "openingly venting", (the B word gets x'd out in this forum), was simpley this: if you charge me $5.95 for shipping, have the dang thing show up at my house with at least a $5.00 shipping label on it and not a $0.41 stamp.

That's it, my rant is officially over (and I still can't remember what I bought the feathers for).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:40 pm • # 24 

Hopefully we can agree to disagree.

Good luck remembering what those feathers are for.

Regards--Barry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:05 pm • # 25 

Agreed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:39 am • # 26 

I know of one online fly shop that will charge you only the actual shipping fee. They will invoice you for a set amount, but will adjust that when the shipment is made. I've ordered very lightweight materials from them, and when I get the order I've only been charged exactly what it cost. Most of these have been USPS and you see the amount of postage paid, which is what you pay.
This shop is Bear's Den, and I believe they are located in Massachusetts. I've entered orders online on Thursday and received the order the following Monday, and this is East Texas, where we don't get Monday night football until Thursday.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 26 posts ] New Topic Add Reply