It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:10 pm • # 1 

After consultation with several members of this forum and the Fiberglass Flyrodders forum, we have set the date for a conclave at Tejas Camp (or Park) on the North San Gabriel River above Lake Georgetown near Georgetown, TX. The dates are April 24-26, though a few of us will probably arrive 2-3 days early. Tejas Park is an Army Corps of Engineers campground. It is a primitive campsite for tents only. Running water is available in the campground and the toilet facilities are of the vault type. For those desiring more civilized accommodations, RV camping with available showers and flush toilets is available at Jim Hogg Park on the shores of Lake Georgetown, about 11 miles away. I have already reserved the group site at Tejas Park, but those wishing to use Jim Hogg Park will need to make their own reservations. The campground is adjacent to the river, and there are other areas of the San Gabriel, both within the city limits of Georgetown and outside of the city that are certainly fishable. Brushy Creek in nearby Round Rock is also good. Aaron (TXH2Oman) has his book on Austin Flyfishing coming out about the time of this event, and he has checked out a lot of streams in the general area, so has good knowledge of fishing opportunities. Hope to see you there.

Larry

P.S. - If you are planning on using Jim Hogg Park for your RV, be sure to reserve your spot at Jim Hogg Park on Georgetown Lake, not Jim Hogg State Park in east Texas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:21 pm • # 2 

I'll come if Bulldog is going to be there . lol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:35 pm • # 3 

I doubt he will be there, but you really ought to come. It's only about 13 1/2 to 14 houirs from where you live. Just a hop, skip, and a jump. 8o :smokin

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:35 am • # 4 

That date is in the middle of the crawfish boils season in North Texas. As much as I'd like to join you guys I can't miss out on dem tasty crawfish. And usually my LSU Dallas Alumni Boil is around that weekend and there is no way that I would miss that, especially when we will be celebrating a National Championship..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:22 pm • # 5 

Have fun at your crawfish boil Cliff. Of course as an OU alum, I have to hope you fall in the pot. ;)

Larry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 am • # 6 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
Have fun at your crawfish boil Cliff. Of course as an OU alum, I have to hope you fall in the pot. ;)

Larry

Gee Larry, did my Tigers demolish your Sooners om Saturday? :applause Larry, do you know why Sooners don't eat cereal? They choke when they get near bowls. :lol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:06 pm • # 7 

Now that's original. :rolleyes Speaking as a Sooner to a Tiger, why don't you go cough up a hairball. :P As Dodger fans used to say, "just wait 'til next year".

Larry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 pm • # 8 

Gee Larry, did my Tigers demolish your Sooners om Saturday? :applause Larry, do you know why Sooners don't eat cereal? They choke when they get near bowls. :lol[/quote]

First time I heard that but I cant laugh Larry's my buddy .

Bwahaha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:31 am • # 9 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
Now that's original. :rolleyes Speaking as a Sooner to a Tiger, why don't you go cough up a hairball. :P As Dodger fans used to say, "just wait 'til next year".

Larry

Hairball??? I didn't know that smashing Sooners resulted in an hairball. We ate our bellies full of Sooners on Saturday though. Next year the CFP will know better than to let Oklahoma get into the playoffs.
Larry, you will be pulling for my Tigers on the 13th, correct?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:05 am • # 10 
Administrator

No offense Larry, but I'm screaming Geaux Tigers!

At Arkansas during the Southwest Conference we used to say my favorite tam is the Hogs and anyone who's playing Texas. Now the Tide has replaced Texas in that roll, and I couldn't be happier that LSU may wear the crown
Les

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:17 pm • # 11 

Sorry guys, gotta go with Clemson. Even though you are both obviously heathen, you are still welcome at April conclave as long as you stay at least 50 yards away from me at all times. :P And Ron, I caught that little snicker at the end. You're on my list also.

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:41 pm • # 12 

You forgot to say and downwind, however the Tigers are the ones to beat, Geaux Tigers. We will stay upwind so you can get the whiff of Tiger "cat" pee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:47 pm • # 13 

My cat may not be a Tiger, but she at least pees in the litter box, not on herself. :P

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:04 pm • # 14 

I'm not sure how many members of this forum are planning to come to this outing, but I'd better toss in some more information. I have been looking at reviews of Tejas Park and also looking at it on Google Earth. The group campsite appears to be at least 75 yards from the parking area and can only be accessed on foot. I don't plan to carry heavy coolers and other gear uphill that far, so I will bring a dolly to haul my gear. Aaron said he could bring one also. The group site is in an open field behind the tree line, thus out in the sun. I will bring a large tarp and some adjustable tent poles to cover the table. If others have shelters they can bring they might come in useful. I have been asked about kayaks. Bring if you want. I will mostly be wading, but I might bring my canoe, so I can put in at an upstream crossing and fish my way down river back to the camp. I am really looking forward to this event and getting antsy waiting for April.

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:35 pm • # 15 

I wish there was trout there or maybe a Bulldog !!! lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:46 pm • # 16 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
Sorry guys, gotta go with Clemson. Even though you are both obviously heathen, you are still welcome at April conclave as long as you stay at least 50 yards away from me at all times. :P And Ron, I caught that little snicker at the end. You're on my list also.

Larry

How many times are you going to be a loser, Larry? If I come to the Conclave I'll be flying my LSU flag on my car, wearing a LSU shirt and have a LSU flag on my float tube. LSU Tigers, 2019 National Champs and the greatest college football team in history, as well as the greatest quarterback in history. !!!!!!

Last edited by Cliff Hilbert on Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 pm • # 17 

Regardless of how the Sooners did in a football game, I am not personally a loser. I don't define myself by some football team's wins or losses. So get over it Cliff.

Larry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm • # 18 

Oh, excuse me, Larry, what I meant to say was a SORE LOSER. :rollin :rollin :rollin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:09 pm • # 19 

Now that's more like it. Actually, although my wife and I both graduated from OU and she went back to get her doctorate there, neither one of us has ever been to a Sooner game. And my oldest daughter's family are big OSU Cowboy fans as my son in law works with the football team during the season. We sort of alternate back and forth between cheering on the Sooners or the Cowboys. My wife is actually a bigger fan than I am. Your Tigers definitely earned their championship, but if you show up at the conclave with a Tigers logo on your tube, it may develop a puncture. I'm not a really sore loser, just a little achy. ;) GO (away) Tigers.

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:22 pm • # 20 

Larry, you'll need to watch out for the miniature nuclear-tipped torpedos that I have hanging on the bottom of my float tube. Many people are no longer with us because they didn't have sonar on their canoes or yaks.

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply