It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:54 pm • # 1 

A conclave is planned for October 8-10, 2021 at Cedar Breaks Park on Lake Georgetown outside of Georgetown, TX. This is also being posted on the Fiberglass Flyrodders Forum. As several people of this forum are also members over there, I thought I should post in both forums. The Glassic, as you might guess from the name, is aimed primarily at those who fish glass rods, but many of the glass board members also fish ultralight. You're welcome even if you are not progressive enough to use glass. :P I have reserved my campsite at site 016 at Cedar Breaks Park. These sites have both electricity and water. There are also bathrooms and showers available. There are many creeks and rivers in the general area such as Lampasas River, North and South Forks of the San Gabriel River, Brushy Creek, Berry Creek, and Onion Creek. The Pedernales River is only a little over an hour away. If you don't already have one, I would recommend the purchase of Flyfishing Austin and Central Texas by Aaron Reed. It offers a lot of information on the waterways and fishing in the area. Hopefully the author's leg will be healed by that time and he will be able to attend.

Larry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:26 pm • # 2 

Okee dokee, I have it on my calendar! I also booked site #020

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:12 pm • # 3 

Anybody else getting excited? I have all of my stuff lined up and ready for this and several other trips.
Just a side note the Hill Country Fly Fishing Club is holding their annual Oktoberfisch event the next weekend in Fredericksburg.
I intend to leave this and go straight there for the entire week.
https://thcff.org/event-4082521

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:40 pm • # 4 

Unfortunately I have learned that Aaron will be unable to attend as he is scheduled to be at work on his tugboat that week. That means I won't be able to get my copy of his book signed, and I don't remember how to get to his favorite bar in Georgetown. Hopefully Jim (hipshot on this board) will remember. By the way, does anybody have some sections of privacy fencing I can use? I just went back to the Cedar Breaks Park map and realized that Jerry has reserved the campsite next to mine. There goes the neighborhood. :'(

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:33 am • # 5 

Canoeman1947 wrote:
Unfortunately I have learned that Aaron will be unable to attend as he is scheduled to be at work on his tugboat that week. That means I won't be able to get my copy of his book signed, and I don't remember how to get to his favorite bar in Georgetown. Hopefully Jim (hipshot on this board) will remember. By the way, does anybody have some sections of privacy fencing I can use? I just went back to the Cedar Breaks Park map and realized that Jerry has reserved the campsite next to mine. There goes the neighborhood. :'(

Larry

Spend some of your big money and reserve a campsite on the other side. I promise that I won't be sad! :hat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:10 am • # 6 

Larry, it's five blocks north of 29 on South Austin. Turn north at the CVS. I'll buy you the first beer :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:11 pm • # 7 

Jim, I knew I could count on you to find the place. You're my hero. :applause

Larry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 am • # 8 

Y'all have fun. I have to work that weekend.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply