It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:07 pm • # 1 

I found your forum a couple of days ago. There's a wealth of information here. I mainly fish for wild Brookies in the Smokies or the Davidson River or Wilson Creek.

Been fly fishing for about 53 years. I love bamboo but have a number of graphites and fiberglass also. Favor traditional fly patterns and especially the traditional Catskill patterns.

Still working but looking forward to retirement. I'm a bit of a car buff and drive a 1971 Triumph TR-6 as my daily driver. Yes, sometimes she takes me to the mountains but usually it's my wife's Suburban, which isn't nearly as fun but safer.

I don't complain or snivel. I get it done instead of procrastinate, but if I do procrastinate, I'm better than most. I shoot, compete in IDPA matches, hunt, cycle, mountain bike, backpack into the wilderness at every opportunity, ski alpine, cross country ski, swim, skate, tie my own flies, build most of my own rods, don't fart in the cabin, don't snore, good cook, can fix most car problems on trips, can drive in snow and ice, pack light, drink lots of water, I'm not competitive when fishing and have been married to the same woman for 27 years and have a 26 year old son, a 19 year old son and no other kids (that I am aware of).

If you live in North Carolina, reach out, I'm always game for a new fishing partner.

Ciao!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:00 am • # 2 

Welcome aboard, sounds like you have a very active life. Looking forward to your posts and learning about your fishing experiences in the Eastern part of North Carolina. I've fished along the coast of North Carolina in both the salt and brackish waters of the Pamlico Sound. I learned to fly fish on Broard Creek near New Bern from Mr. Holton who ran a general store near the creek (in the early 60's) and then I used the technique in other feeder creeks in the sound. It was one handed fly casting with the other hand constantly skulling, until a fish was hooked. Automatic reels helped to transition the skulling hand to the rod, quickly taking up the slack.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:43 pm • # 3 

don't fart in the cabin, don't snore, good cook,

Those are three attributes that I can't claim...

Welcome!

Along with the fishing pics, I'd like to see the TR-6!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm • # 4 

My 1971 TR-6. All stock save the wheels, electronic ignition and steering wheel.

For some reason the image tag isn't work.

http://www.drlogik.com/images/tr-6.jpg

The last time my younger son and I spent 4 days in the wilds of the Smokies:
http://classicflyrodforum.com/forum/vie ... 24#p758424

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:28 am • # 5 

Nice!

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply