It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Returning member
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:01 am • # 1 

I have been a member here for along time now. Pretty much lost interest when it became a challenge to upload pictures. So being the new year. Decided that it was time to remedy that. Made a few promises to my self. 1. Actively post my fishing trips here. Now by trips I mean I fish at least twice a week, sometimes every day on the way to work, so there should be quite a few of them. 2. I spent 27 years in the Army, and have sort of adapted the say of 2 is 1, 1 is none. I have told my self that I need to thin the stock pile of stuff that I have accumulated over the years. Fly fishing, guns, knives, tools, tool boxes, lawn equipment etc….
I was born in CA, raised in OR, joined the Military out of high school, been pretty much around the world a few times. Stationed state side in NC, VA, TX, CO. Over seas, I have been to S Korea, Germany, Honduras, deployed to Haiti, Bosnia, Albania, and Iraq several times. Most of my fishing is ultra lite, but I do occasionally break out the 3wt and above. And once every couple of blue moons I will pull out my spinning gear. I purchased my house in April last year in the Blue Ridge Mountains actually just east of the Blue Ridge parkway spending to much of my time working and tinkering around the house building a green house, shop, and soon to be chicken coop. I have 5.6 acres 5 of which is wooded.

Wish me luck on a prosperous return to the site!
Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mbarker68x on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Returning member
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:08 am • # 2 

Definitely welcome back, but as with most of these social media forums, participation has taken a hit, and a lot of non sensicable posts have been appearing unfortunately

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:33 pm • # 3 

Thanks SWCR! I noticed the posts. I guess you could call me a Lurker. Never really went away just didn’t post much, because of the photo issues. I posted a few pictures, but it was to much of a pain. Going to try again and keep it up this time I hope.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:07 pm • # 4 

Hi Mike, glad to see you back. Hope your liking Va. and the fishing there. Looking forward to your posts; always liked your posts and the beautiful colors of those South Texas sun fish, particularly the long ears.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:12 pm • # 5 

Thanks Jim! It’s good to be back. Loving VA! Other than the occasional visit with friends I don’t plan on going anywhere else. I’ll be here until I go meet my maker. Lol, hopefully in another 40-50 years. First trip of the year is planned for tomorrow morning. So should have the trip report by the afternoon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:00 am • # 6 

Welcome back!

Unfortunatley, you missed out on some sweet iphone deals.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:38 am • # 7 

Mike,

Welcome back and I enjoy your post… very good reading all the time! I plan to share and post more of my fishing adventures also this year!

Enjoy and Be Safe!

The Gill Guy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:54 am • # 8 

Welcome back to the web side of the affliction.

mbarker68x wrote:
Never really went away just didn’t post much, because of the photo issues. I posted a few pictures, but it was to much of a pain. Going to try again and keep it up this time I hope.

Yeah, it's sort of a PITA to use 3rd party like Imgur because you have to load there first, then paste link into the forum post, but they load fast and you can compose offline and just paste the whole thing into the box. If you try Imgur (it's free), just use the BBCode and paste it right into the post. Image automatically appears on site. Some of your older Photobucket post & pics might have used a different code choice. Imgur pic below shows where...
Above (entire) pic is 700x438, they upload pretty quick at Imgur at the sizes we can actually display in this forum box.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:44 pm • # 9 

Thank you! First trip of the year was canceled do to the rain we had pretty much all night long. Ow we have 2-4” of snow in the forecast tonight. Was off colored and up about 4” or so. The up 4” wouldn’t bother me, but not being able to see the bottom on this particular creek is full of large ankle breaking rocks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:29 am • # 10 

strummer wrote:
Welcome back!

Yep, he missed out on those awesome iphone deals. But I bought 120 of them and am offering them to my friends on UFF for only $2015 ea, or three for $6745. This deal will only be available until Jan 27, 2032 so hurry and order yours today, supplies are limited.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:12 pm • # 11 

Cliff Hilbert wrote:
strummer wrote:
Welcome back!

Yep, he missed out on those awesome iphone deals. But I bought 120 of them and am offering them to my friends on UFF for only $2015 ea, or three for $6745. This deal will only be available until Jan 27, 2032 so hurry and order yours today, supplies are limited.

You wouldn't happen to have any iPads?

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply