It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:25 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Because this thread had become over 10 pages long and was getting pretty monotonous to sort through, we decided to break this into it's own subforum with each *new* idea becoming it's own topic. Searching should be much improved.

The New Frugal Fly Fisherman

This was a 100% manual operation where I had to split the thread out 1 or 2 posts at a time creating new topics. While doing this I took the liberty of editing some posts where followup comments no longer made sense. I also dropped some followup posts if there was no additional content, or dropped posts with dead links to photos or to sales that were no longer valid. This was not meant to be censoring of any kind--I was just trying to shorten a boring task. I've closed the original thread but will leave in in archives so you can see all the changes I made.

Each of you still *owns* your original post (now topic) in the new forum. You can go in an edit anything I may have inadvertently screwed up.

Also, please forgive me as I head down a tangent here. I did reformat a few posts to make them easier to read. This is especially tough for some of us older guys who were taught that paragraph breaks only go in certain spots so our posts tend to be a full page of text with no line-breaks. This is *very* difficult to read on a computer screen, even if it is grammatically correct.

Please feel free to adopt a more conversational style of discourse with plenty of line-breaks to making reading easier. Your audience will love you for it! Image

All editing blame can be directed at me, Jerry. The idea to split the thread off belongs to J, Les, and I.

Regards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:34 pm • # 2 
Administrator

All,
Jerry was kind enough to work this out for us; it involved a lot of work; and he made it happen today.
Jeremy and I are grateful for his efforts.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:50 pm • # 3 

Thanks for all the hard work Jerry...This site continues to improve through the efforts of our moderators and owner...Thank you all....Rob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 pm • # 4 
Administrator

We just changed it to a normal forum instead of sub-forum. It takes up less space this way.

Jerry

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply