It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:29 pm • # 1 

Hello UL Fly Fishers! I had posted this on the FFR board, but thought I should open it up to this group as well. Happy to have some UL Fly Fishers if anyone can attend. Looking like just a few of us so far. Sorry for the short notice.

I am planning an event for the weekend of November 14th and 15th at Smokemont Campground on the banks of the Bradley Fork in Great Smokey Mountain National Park. This will serve as the central meeting location for those wishing to come, eat some food, cast some rods and possibly camp for a few nights. I welcome those wanting to make a day trip as well.
Unfortunately, the park does not allow for reservations in the system after October 31st, so I will have to show up and see what is available. This late in the season, we should not have any issue getting a space to camp. I am going to look to camp in the B or C loop, close to the banks of the creek. Campsites include a fire ring with cooking grill and a picnic table with lantern pole. I will have signage on my vehicle or near my campsite for those coming in late or making a day trip. I am happy to coordinate meals for those planning to attend.

Address and directions:

Smokemont Campground
60 Enloe Floyd Bottoms Road
Cherokee, NC 28719

Phone: 828-497-9270

Lat/Long: N35.5571 W083. 3117

From Cherokee, NC: Take Newfound Gap Road (aka US 441) North 6 miles. Turn right at campground sign.

From Gatlinburg, TN: Take Newfound Gap Road (aka US 441) South 27 miles. Turn left at campground sign

Campground link:
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Smoke ... rkId=70967

GSMNP map link:
http://www.nps.gov/carto/PDF/GRSMmap4.pdf

Thanks all!

Corey Sullivan

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply