It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:11 am • # 1 

Hello everybody,

Mark Wendt normally organizes this, and in an effort to help him out I offered to help out this year. It is that time again for the yearly announcement for the annual FYAO. 2010 marks the 9th year we've been meeting up on New Years day to do a little fishing and a lot of socializing. The format remains the same this year, as it has in the past.

We'll be holding our 9th Annual FYAO (Freeze Yer Arse Off) fishing day on January 1, 2010 at the Gunpowder River in upstate Maryland. It's located about halfway between Baltimore, MD and York, PA. As usual, we'll meet up for breakfast at the Bob Evans located just off I83 at the Padonia Rd exit, figure out who's fishing with who and on which stretch of the water, then head over to Backwater Anglers for those that need licenses and any last minute things, and hit the water. We usually meetup afterwards, either at one of the parking lots in the town of Hereford, or if the weather isn't that great, there's a nice pub near the town of Hereford we can all gather at. If you're interested in joing us, please email me your email address so that I can add you to the mailing list and keep you updated.

Please send replies to me at scott.bearden (AT) gmail (DOT)com. Please RSVP by Christmas so I can let Bob Evans know how many to expect. We normally get the back room all to ourselves. Come on out and have a good time with us on New Years Day!

Regards,

Scott Bearden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:22 am • # 2 

I hope everybody had a good Christmas. There are only a few more days before we meet up. I was just given notice that the Backwater Angler fly Shop will be closed New Year's day. What this means, is if you need a 2010 Maryland fishing license you should purchase it ahead of time. If you wait until that morning, your only option will be online (and you will need to print it out). As of this morning it is calling for rain/snow for both Thursday and Friday. The CFS on the Gunpowder have been running high due to the snow runoff and rain, but the levels have been coming down. You can read more details at the Backwater Angler web site linked below. Most of you I have talked to wanted to meet early in the morning so lets shoot for 8 at the earliest and hang around until 11 or so. The weather will dictate driving conditions so we may be arriving at different times, and it might delay us leaving the warmth and comfort of Bob Evans.

We will be meeting at the Bob Evans located at:

400 W Padonia Rd
Lutherville, MD
(410) 308-3740

After fishing we will meet up at the Pioneer Pub in Parkton, Md:
Pioneer Pub & Restaurant
17417 York Road
Parkton, MD 21120-9707
(410) 357-4231

Here are some useful links:

Backwater Angler and link to purchase license online: http://www.backwaterangler.com

direct link to purchase license online: https://www4.wildlifelicense.com/md/ (You need a trout stamp and non-tidal license)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:31 am • # 3 
Administrator

I hope this meet goes well. Sure wish I could join you, but I'm not able to.

J.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:17 pm • # 4 

It was cold, but we had a good time. All 5 brave souls of us...

These are taken from just below the Falls River Rd bridge access. No fish were caught, but we were only on the water for about an hour and a half.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:09 am • # 5 
Administrator

Looks cold Brrr.....

Nice set up though.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply