It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next   Page 3 of 7   [ 135 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:47 am • # 41 

It's just that you old folks can't get used to these new-fangled gadgets. ::) Oh, since I'm 66 I guess that I'm one of those old folks too. :-[

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:31 pm • # 42 

I'm having a problem posting pictures. When I bring up the photobucket link it shows an address for FiberglassFlyrodders under the very top heading. I can't seem to change this to the UL board to post pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:50 pm • # 43 
Administrator

lonefisherman wrote:
I'm having a problem posting pictures. When I bring up the photobucket link it shows an address for FiberglassFlyrodders under the very top heading. I can't seem to change this to the UL board to post pictures.

Seems like if anyone uses the PhotoBucket button has the same glass board
address.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:03 pm • # 44 

lone:

I never use the "Photobucket" button here.

When I post a picture from photobucket, I just go to my photobucket "album" where I see the thumbnails of the pictures I have there. Below each picture I can see the following "fields" listed:

Email and IM
Direct Link
HTML code
IMG code

I then select (highlight) the text shown in the IMG code field and "copy" it. Then I "paste" it into the location I want the picture to appear in the text field of my post. Voila.

I usually hit the "Preview" button to make sure everything is "as planned" before I submit it. But you don't need to. Then click on "Submit" and your done.

Don't know if any of that will be of any help, but it sounds to me like you are trying to use one of the other "fields" on photobucket, and it is populated with the info for the FFR board. So changing it would likely screw up your post there.

Good luck!

---David

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:17 pm • # 45 
Administrator

David, that's the way I do it too. There is an issues with the PhotoBucket button for sure. I've let Admin know about this problem, I haven't been able to find a way to fix it. The software we are using now is more complex and I have a lot of learning to do.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:10 pm • # 46 

See? IE does have it's uses! :lol

Well done for spotting the deliberate mistake. It was a tricky one to fix but it should now be OK. If it is still not working for you, try clearing your cache.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:22 pm • # 47 
Administrator

Works now, Thanks Admin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:27 pm • # 48 

Yes it does! Thanks Admin!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:04 pm • # 49 

You're welcome and thank you for pointing it out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:40 pm • # 50 

I'm not able to find how to post pictures or any instructions, but maybe I'm missing something. Haven't done any since the changeover. Could somebody help me out? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 pm • # 51 
Administrator

Clark Fork wrote:
I'm not able to find how to post pictures or any instructions, but maybe I'm missing something. Haven't done any since the changeover. Could somebody help me out? Thanks!

You have to use PhotoBucket here (or another pic host). There are a couple ways to do it. You can go to PhotoBucket and copy the IMG code for your photo and paste it in the test box, or you can access your PhotoBucket pics by using the PhotoBucket button in the post editor (on the upper left side).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 pm • # 52 
Administrator

Seems that a few of us are not getting email notifications to subscribed topics. Is this the case with everyone?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 pm • # 53 

I am always grateful for less email....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 pm • # 54 
Administrator

CBarclay wrote:
Seems that a few of us are not getting email notifications to subscribed topics. Is this the case with everyone?

Same here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:07 am • # 55 
Administrator

Seems to be working again!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:21 pm • # 56 

New problem. When I try to use the number 8 in a post or pm a smiley face is posted instead. It's the big square eye glassed one. It goes away if I disable the smilies. This also hapeens on the Glass Board when I post or PM. Just a minor annoyance, but I would like to see it fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:19 pm • # 57 

I changed the e-mail system to use a different mail process. Let's see if that solves the notification issues. In the future, e-mails from the forum should have the address forum at ultralightflyfishing. That e-mail box is not monitored, so please do not use it to contact the administrators.

Lonefisherman, that big eye-glassed smiley is a PITA at times. He only shows up after hitting the submit button. The fix is to click the edit button, then below your post there is a check box that states "Disable smilies". Click that and resubmit your post.

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:51 am • # 58 

I am not able to sign in with my user name and password, Tried password retrieval and got a message that said no account found, tried to make a new account and user name in use. I sent a couple of emails to the links on the various pages as I found them. I didnt get a response. I finally made a new account to see if I could get this straightened out.

My original user name is weird1.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:57 pm • # 59 
Administrator

buzzard wrote:
I am not able to sign in with my user name and password, Tried password retrieval and got a message that said no account found, tried to make a new account and user name in use. I sent a couple of emails to the links on the various pages as I found them. I didnt get a response. I finally made a new account to see if I could get this straightened out.

My original user name is weird1.

I'll look into it. When we moved only the usernames were transferred, no passwords. The passwords were in Yuku's database, not on Yuku forums.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:21 pm • # 60 

Thanks for fixing this.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next   Page 3 of 7   [ 135 posts ] New Topic Add Reply