It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:59 am • # 1 

Well these are a lot of photos, 25 a second to be precise :)

A friend and me, after having a rather rough night, went for our favourite little creek in the middle of nowhere in the Alps. There was lots of climbing etc involved, and being hung over as didn´t help too much. However, we had a really nice day fishing our 3 wt rods (well I was the one who had to handle the cam). We have fished this creek a few times already, often with a 0,5 TFO. However as small as it is this little creek can produce fish up to 50 cm and casting a 3 wt just looks better on video :)

Enjoy:

http://youtu.be/u_qK6LzMIOI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:18 am • # 2 
Administrator

Welcome wolfgang or Laura

Very cool video. Are these all Brown trout or another species?

When you get a chance go to the welcome forum and tell us more about yourself (selves).

Les

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:06 am • # 3 

Thanks! :)

It´s neither Wolfgang, nor Laura. My buddy Wolfgang is the fisherman, whilst LauraPalmer is my amateur video label (I´m obviously a big Twin Peaks fan). Mostly they were browns with an occasional brook trout here and there. :)
Looking for the welcome forum now...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:56 pm • # 4 

He seems to be doing some fancy casing there, what are the names of the 2 or 3 unusual casts that he's doing? I'd like to look them up to see how to do them.

Best,

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:11 pm • # 5 

he is doing snakerolls and Snap-Cs mostly. There is also a bow and arrow cast in there... My favourite cast for tight situations is the switch cast/backhand switch followed by the snakeroll; with a little practice, they can be a real help in such situations :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:53 pm • # 6 
Administrator

that switch cast is one of my main casts I use on the local warm water creeks. I recognized it immediately, and smiled. snakes rolls for re-positioning the anchor is important in roll casting flies. Lately I've been experimenting with the snap C, and I like the way the caster used it in your video.

Les

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:05 am • # 7 

Thanks guys.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 pm • # 8 

Great footage, I really enjoyed it. Looks like quite a bit of gradient there! Uncommon in my local haunts.

Glad you've joined the forum. I'm amazed with the global membership.. very cool.

Hope to see more of your efforts. B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 pm • # 9 

Great video. Your buddy has some serious ninja casting skills. Those are the kind of streams I fish on the regular. I have a lot to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 am • # 10 

Stellar video! I wish little streams would flow like that this time of year in upstate, ny. Thanks for sharing, I will be sure to pass that one on. -justin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:39 am • # 11 

Yes, the stream is indeed very "steep" with lots of trees and plants around it - so pool after pool and very humid with tons of flies. Basically all little streams in the Austrian mountain regions are like that; however this one is outstanding because of the number (and sometimes size) of the fish. After shooting the video I was fishing there and cought a rather big one - and was lucky enough to land - very easy to loose especailly the bigger ones there; they fight like crazy and jump like rainbows... It´s very unknown und you can´t find any information about it on the internet. Well, and most people around here refuse to fish in such conditions anyway ::)
I´m really glad to have found this forum, where it´s not all about the biggest trout or salmon and also very happy you guys can appriciate that sort of fishing so much. :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:45 pm • # 12 

Beautiful scenic surrounding love to see foreign countries and environment in which fellow flyfisher persons participate in this wonderful worldwide pastime, a real demonstration of fly casting by a professional for sure, tell him to do away with the cigarettes, they will come back and bite him on the butt sooner or later, they got me .. Nice enjoyable and well produced video tho .....

Paul,

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:09 am • # 13 

Thanks. I´m no fan of smoking anyway, but that´s something he has to decide for himself; however it matched the mood of the film :) Going fishing with him is always a blast and sometimes a challenge: During the shooting we had around 5 big beers each; after a night where we got completely hammered and slept 3-4 hours only - balancing those slippery rocks with 15 kg of camera gear got a bit challenging at times :)
He is actually a very good caster, especially with the 5wt rod; he beat a VERY well known caster on a shootout by a few meters, without really training distance casting...
And he has some fancy casting degree(he teaches a lot), which I´m trying to get myself next year too :eek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:44 am • # 14 

Enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:56 am • # 15 

Great videography! Your YouTube account is ".be" which is Belgium. However that is nowhere near the Alps. What country was this video shot in?

And fishing, not to even think about hiking in the Alps with a hangover has got to be rough!

The last time I was in Belgium I made a trip to the Delirium Bar. I wasn't hungover the next morning. I was still drunk.

Thanks for the video. Look forward to more!

Joe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:37 am • # 16 

Thanks a lot guys!
no idea why it´s Belgish to be honest, wasn´t paying too much attention filling out those youtube form would be my rough guess. But not too far away, we are from Austria, and we also shot the video here.
Yes, the Delirium Café is worth a visit - quite a few fellas drank their first ECU there :)
Well the beers on the shooting day helped to overcome the night before a bit, but not enough to not condemn ourselves after every steeper stage :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:03 pm • # 17 

Killer video, gotta ask, who the band providing the tunes, they have a cool sound.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:20 pm • # 18 

thanks! The track is from The Phosphorsecant: Muchacho and is called rideon/right on

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:13 pm • # 19 

Nice video, I just can't stop watching those casts, you should do an instructional video on them, I know that it would help me out, single hand speys, very cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:08 am • # 20 

Great video, really well done!!

Go to page 1, 2  Next   Page 1 of 2   [ 25 posts ] New Topic Add Reply