It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: sage ul fly rod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 am • # 1 

To be honest, I currently do not own an UL fly rod. There was a time I owned a number of sticks, but not at the moment.

What I am looking for is a used sage txl or clean LL series. There was a 00 line txl on the classifieds but he hasn't responded to my pm.

Thx.

Post subject: Re: sage ul fly rod
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:58 pm • # 2 

Dave,

While not a Sage-I do have a couple of rods-Echo Carbon 2 weight and a Reddington CT 3 weight that I will let you borrow since you have nothing else in the UL range presently.
I use both of them very infrequently

I am probably not looking to sell them but I will send either for you to use until you procure another UL rod. Just let me know your thoughts.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 pm • # 3 

That's very kind. I appreciate the offer but I do have some other rods to fish with for the time being. I sure do appreciate the offer though.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:52 pm • # 4 

Dave

OK - let me know if you change your mind. Guys like you are why I joined this forum and why I stay. We have plenty of know it all blowhards in fly fishing but down to earth genuine folks like you are hard to come by.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:17 pm • # 5 

DCG wrote:
To be honest, I currently do not own an UL fly rod. There was a time I owned a number of sticks, but not at the moment.

What I am looking for is a used sage txl or clean LL series. There was a 00 line txl on the classifieds but he hasn't responded to my pm.

Thx.

Hey Dave......I have a couple rods that might be on the market. I have a 7' honey lami 3wt fiberglass. I also have a sage txl 00wt with extra tip(1" short) and an extra butt section, made of fiberglass which slows the rod down considerably. So that's two tips, 1 mid section, original butt, and a slower butt section. I hope that makes sense.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply