It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:41 pm

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Bass pro UL classic reel
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:14 am • # 1 

If anyone has a UL bass pro classic reel; the little light one, let me know. I have a friend who is trying to balance out a 6'-3 weight rod. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:41 am • # 2 
Administrator

Gene, The Dennison is what I use on my shorties and it works well. 2.4oz empty, and $49.00 brand new from Bob Dennison.

J.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:53 am • # 3 

a friend of mine went to Bass pro shop in Dallas yesterday and they had a Browning Black Canyon reel, which is a machined aluminum reel, which he bought for $65. It weighs 2.8 ounces and is a nice little reel with a nice drag. It was the last one they had! I had never seen nor heard about this reel.-p-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:00 am • # 4 
Administrator

I had heard of them but never handled the smaller version. At $65.00 that's a reasonable price.

Les

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 am • # 5 
Administrator

I talked to one of the guys who works the fly shop at Bass Pro Shop (Dallas) about the Browning Black Canyon reels several months ago when they were clearing them out. I thought they looked like a great little reel. He said they had a very high number of them returned for problems. He didn't know if there was a particular size that was having more trouble than others.

This is just one guy though, so I don't know what the actual reason is that Bass Pro discontinued them. They are sharp looking little reels. One thing that I didn't like is that it's one of the reels that "freewheels" on retrieve, meaning there's drag when line is goes out but no resistance at all when line is coming in. I'm not sure why this bugs me but I prefer some kind of click or other feedback when retrieving line. For $65 and 2.8 oz I could live without it though :-)

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply