It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:54 pm • # 1 

Well after three years of hard fishing my Simms Rivertek Boa boot laces started to really show their wear. The braded wire laces were pretty much down to just a few strands. Since I use boot foot neoprene waders in the winter I cleaned my Simms boots and let them dry. I also went to the Boa site and because they have a lifetime warrantee on their lace system I was able to order a set of replacement laces at no charge.

I finally got around to putting the new laces on the boots and will say it was a challenge. My boots are an early model Boa and although it was a straight forward process it was not a quick switch out. The newer systems that Korker and Simms uses now are much easier to change. With that being said my boots are still in great shape and I feel I can get another three years out of them before the laces will need changing again. Six years at 200+ days on the water, that is why I buy Simms wading boots. Mine are the rubber sole style and I have a new set of studs that I will replace the old one with and I will be right and ready for spring. :)

If you have any boot with the Boa system with a lace that needs replacing I would recommend going to the Boa site for free replacements. The fly shops have them but charge $12.95 per lace for them

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply