It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:56 pm • # 1 

Dang. I've always been kinda proud to be a Canadian, but our Prime Minister has never met the Prince of Whales! :eek
brent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm • # 2 

:rollin :rollin :x :rollin

Trade ya.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:33 am • # 3 

:eek :eek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:28 pm • # 4 

mdwwhw wrote:
:rollin :rollin :x :rollin

Trade ya.

Tongue in cheek I hope. :eek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:49 am • # 5 

Personally, I think it is wonderful that both our countries allow for, and even support varying political perspectives. Moreover, here in Canuckistan, we have a long history of political humour. While we take our politics seriously, we do not believe for one moment that politics is not a laughing matter. I wish the same for my southern friends and neighbours.

I currently find my philosophies and values reasonably in tune with those of our federal leader, but that does not mean for one moment that I support all of his government's decisions or policy perspectives. At the provincial level, we have power in the hands of the party that represents the opposite end of the liberal-conservative spectrum, and I find myself similarly in tune with many (but obviously not all) of THEIR decisions and perspectives. It takes a lot of effort and humility to objectively listen to the viewpoints and insights of those who we have traditionally viewed as the 'opposition' (or, more frighteningly, the 'enemy'). But I cannot see any logical basis for believing "my party is always right" or, even more unsettling, "my party, right or wrong".

So long as we can maintain a reasoned and reasonable exchange of ideas and perspective, I believe there is hope. And in that vein, I have discovered that I have never learned anything new while listening to my own voice.

(besides, I'm pretty sure DJT made that twitter typo on porpoise)
brent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:46 am • # 6 

"It takes a lot of effort and humility to objectively listen to the viewpoints and insights of those who we have traditionally viewed as the 'opposition' (or, more frighteningly, the 'enemy'). But I cannot see any logical basis for believing "my party is always right" or, even more unsettling, "my party, right or wrong".

Unfortunately the two parties in this country can't humbly or objectively listen to anything other than their own voices, even then they get confused.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:11 pm • # 7 

Ah, Cliff. Wise beyond your years, and that's almost impossible! :lol
I think I'll take your previous advice, and go fishing.
Hang in there, pal.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply