It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 am • # 1 

A Harley rider is passing the National Zoo in Washington, DC when he sees a little girl leaning into the lion’s cage.

Suddenly, a huge, hungry lion reaches out and grabs her by the jacket and tries to pull her inside his cage.

The biker jumps off his Harley, sprints past the little girl’s screaming parents to the cage and punches the lion square on the nose.

The stunned lion releases the little girl and staggers backward, whimpering in pain. The biker snatches the little girl back to safety and returns her to her terrified parents who thank him endlessly.

A reporter for the Washington Post witnessed the whole event. “Sir,” he says to the Harley rider, “that was the bravest, most gallant thing I’ve seen a man do in my entire life.’

“Why, it was nothing, really,” says the Harley rider modestly. “The lion was behind bars. I saw this little girl in danger and I just reacted instinctively.”

“Well, I’ll make sure your heroism won’t go unnoticed,” the reporter responds. “I’m a reporter for the Washington Post and I’ll make sure this story is on the front page of tomorrow’s paper. Tell me what do you do for a living and what political affiliation is.”

“I’m a U.S. Marine,” the biker says proudly, “and a Republican.”

The journalist leaves.

The following morning the biker buys the Washington Post to see news of his actions and sees this headline on the front page:

US MARINE ASSAULTS AFRICAN IMMIGRANT AND STEALS HIS LUNCH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:03 am • # 2 

:applause :lol Now THAT's funny.
(although a republican buying the Washington Post seems a bit of a stretch ;) )

Hey, is there an alternate version where he shoots the lion as a big game trophy, then puts the kid in the cage?
You know, for the sake of balance? ;)

Keep 'em coming, Cliff. You always brighten my day.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:05 pm • # 3 

I've ridden Harleys my whole life since and still do , a Marine since age 17 and a republican / independent since I could vote and I'll take the FREE lunch from every Illegal Alien I can catch !

Good one tho I do think ! :lol :applause

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:09 pm • # 4 

:applause :applause :applause :applause

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:48 am • # 5 

wheezeburnt wrote:
:applause :lol Now THAT's funny.
(although a republican buying the Washington Post seems a bit of a stretch ;) )

Hey, is there an alternate version where he shoots the lion as a big game trophy, then puts the kid in the cage?
You know, for the sake of balance? ;)

Keep 'em coming, Cliff. You always brighten my day.

Brent, Obama could have done that - put the kid in the cage-, in fact he did put kids in cages at the southern border, and they would have called him a hero. But let a conservative do it and they would crucify him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:04 pm • # 6 

I fear we may have trespassed into the realm of partisan politics, and I apologize for any role I may have played in that. But I do enjoy a good joke that takes a poke at ANY political or philosophical persuasion. Maybe its just a canadian thing, but I've found that if you converse (really converse, not argue, shout, harangue) with just about anybody, you will eventually find that you have more in common with most people than you think. Like fishing, for instance. The other thing I've learned: that I only learn while listening. When I'm talking, all I'm hearing are things I already (think I) know.
brent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:10 pm • # 7 

Brent , the problem with Americans is we have been lied to for so long by so many we cant have a civil conversation about politics or religion . I had to say goodbye to a 45 year plus friend and fishing partner because he wouldn't shut up about it even after I had . It will all be better once I am appointed Dictator . :applause :applause :lol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:34 pm • # 8 

Ron: Well, you've got my vote - oh wait, you said 'appointed' :lol (sorry to hear about your loss).
(Is it ok if I call you a 'united statesian'? I believe all us folks who live in north, central and south america are 'americans' Or is this another one of those 'World Series' situations?.) :lol :lol :lol
brent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:08 pm • # 9 

wheezeburnt wrote:
Ron: Well, you've got my vote - oh wait, you said 'appointed' :lol (sorry to hear about your loss).
(Is it ok if I call you a 'united statesian'? I believe all us folks who live in north, central and south america are 'americans' Or is this another one of those 'World Series' situations?.) :lol :lol :lol
brent

I cant talk about that until after the Coronation ! Kinda like pulaskusa said , we have to pass it before we know whats in it ...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:28 am • # 10 

jangles wrote:
wheezeburnt wrote:
brent

I cant talk about that until after the Coronation ! Kinda like pulaskusa said , we have to pass it before we know whats in it ...

:lol :lol :lol See? that's why they are making you KING!!! Can I recommend Cliff as your 2IC?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:23 am • # 11 

wheezeburnt wrote:
jangles wrote:
wheezeburnt wrote:
brent

:lol :lol :lol See? that's why they are making you KING!!! Can I recommend Cliff as your 2IC?

Done and accepted . Somebody has to have wit in this new regime .

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:17 pm • # 12 

I LOVE these "discussions"!! I am a troublemaker from the getgo. Guys, I'm sorry but I cannot accept your nomination for 21C because I've already appointed myself Supreme Ruler. The kings are under my supervision.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:57 pm • # 13 

"Kings"?????There's more than one? This whole discussion brings an important piece of cinematic history to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c-X8HiBng

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply