It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply
 Post subject: Anybody confirm this ?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:02 pm • # 1 

Question is , is this in the stimulus bill ? Sorry I didnt make it clear the first time .

Last edited by jangles on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:05 pm • # 2 
Administrator

to me the source is everything, and unfortunately all I could find is an old story form 2018. you won't find any reliable source for this in press about this tax.
So I doubt it it's true.
Too often we read things on FB and other locales DESIGNED to piss off readers which are filled with half truths or misstatements. I believe this is one such story.

Les

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:10 pm • # 3 

I just googled it and came up with this .
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... A21098DBD0

But I cant find anywhere where it was stuck in the stimulus bill .

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:42 am • # 4 

I know you are all aware of this, but it bears repeating: there is a country out there with a record of interference in US elections, by fomenting dissent among its citizens and polarizing its population into two solitudes. There is plenty of evidence that this effort is sanctioned and funded at the highest government levels by that country. Please combat this at every level you can, including within your own mind. You have a wonderful country, truly exemplary citizens in many fields and callings, and there are many of us out here who are hoping this current crisis will reinforce your commonality of purpose, and not reinforce the divisiveness that benefits only those who gain power through reinforcing that divide.

... and while I have your undeserved attention, think about whether the people should serve the economy, or the economy should serve the people. I think this is going to be a very important distinction in the near future.
Love you guys
brent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:28 am • # 5 

It's a bill submitted, so what?

I've seen bills on everything from gun control to how to justify taxing Roth IRA withdrawals in creative ways. They don't pass, ratify or implement, but there's always someone out there putting together another one equally if not more ridiculous.

This crap has been going on for more than a few decades. Should know the process by now but I don't. Introduce, pass, ratify, implement...something like that?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:24 am • # 6 

I just asked if it was in the stimulus bill . At least that was the question in my mind when I posted it . ??? ???

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am • # 7 

Ron, it wouldn't surprise me if Pelosi, et al, would try to put something like that in the present stimulus bill since they've tried to put everything else including the kitchen sink into this bill, but I haven't seen anything about it. If the demorats had tried to put it in the bill I'm sure Fox News would have let us know about it. I am stunned at the crap that was included in the final bill passed last night, much of it having nothing to do with the lives of the citizens. I could say a lot more but I don't want to be any more ticked off at all this than I already am.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:54 pm • # 8 

Again,has anyone confirmed this as part of any bill ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:24 am • # 9 

Cmound wrote:
Again,has anyone confirmed this as part of any bill ?

I can confirm that folks are sloppy on the internet, especially the ones who write articles. I think someone who wrote the below link article Googled for the stimulus bill number and got it confused with the gun bill number. Take a look at this article....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... F2LW70VH-F

It probably should say "HR 748" instead of "HR5717". Both are newer bills so they often list together in a search engine preview result.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:08 pm • # 10 

Sounds like a Hank Johnson (Guam tips over) bill...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:47 pm • # 11 

It’s a real bill. Naturally, the MSM is trying not to draw attention to it. Last I heard there had been no votes on it.

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply